Some really retarded lizards!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some really retarded lizards!

I just came across very odd diplomacy stuff that NEVER happened to me before in MOO3, pre-patch and after-patch.

Heres the story.

The Raas offered a cease-fire. I stalled it, to bomb the last planet of theirs within my territory (they had like 60 planets elsewhere, so they wouldn't become extinct).

Then the very next turn, the Raas offered ANOTHER cease-fire. I accepted, since the planet was cleansed of Raas.

Then the very next turn, the Raas offered a non-aggression treaty.

I stalled for a turn, trying to settle down with the cease-fire treaty I just signed.

Then the next turn, the Raas offered THREE treaties.

1. Another Non-aggression treaty.
    2. A research treaty.
    3. Declaration of War.
    4. (Non-agression treaty I stalled from previous turn)

These lizards sure are retarded They can't seem to stick to ONE course of action. Peace, or War? They're all over the map with treaties.

Any ideas why this is happening?
    Geniuses are ordinary people bestowed with the gift to see beyond common everyday perceptions.

First off: stalling doesn't last for a turn...it lasts until you reply in some meaningful way. You can stall indefinitely by selecting STALL the first time; the offer will just keep showing up every turn until you actually do something about it.

When you stalled the cease-fire the first time, I suspect that the cease-fire you saw the next turn was the same one (it's possible, but extremely unlikely, that they'd have offered another one back to back).

As to the mixed messages: what happened was that by some combination of relations and times you annoyed them, you triggered both good and bad reactions. On the one hand, they liked you (for reasons I couldn't begin to fathom ) enough to offer the non-ag and research treaties; on the other hand you'd just done enough of something to tick them off one more time (the game keeps a counter of times you've irritated someone, and it'll declare war when a number dictated by race is reached). So the soldiers and the diplomats both had their say...and the soldiers won out.

It IS a bit sloppy, yes; the declaration of war should've come first and immediately knocked out any chance of any other treaty being offered. That one I'll chalk up to sloppy coding. But the circumstances were also quite unusual, as it's rare for someone ever to like you again after they've once gone to war...at least in my experience.
    If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have done all the stuff that led me to what I know now...

Former member, MOO3 Road Kill...er, Crew

Comment

There were TWO cease-fires in one turn. (the stalled one and the new one).

At any rate, I was at peace for about 10 turns with the lizards, then they suddenly offered an ALLIANCE! Then the very next turn, they declared war.

Retarded lizards, I say! They should evolve some more to a level of comptence.
      Geniuses are ordinary people bestowed with the gift to see beyond common everyday perceptions.

Comment

Maybe in the Ras Empire the female Lizards run all the Diplomacy.

Would explanin their rapid changes of moods
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Good one, Proteus.

At any rate, I found out the source of all the grief. Several dozen turns down the road, I discovered that the Raas were allied with the Psilons, Eoladi, and Klackon, and I was at war with these 3 races for a long time.

Probably was "Please honor our alliance by declaring war on enemy X" stuff.

Oh well. Time for some Raas burgers.

....Raas flees as swarms of Titans descend upon the Raas worlds...

Comment

Working...
          X