No announcement yet.

Turn 100-110...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree, let's try not to use those little cheats.

And it is a waste of production, which we could use better........

Comment

Hmm, well then i'm going to need some instructions on what to do here, I am just not able to defend a world with just defensive installations.

Then there is the question of tech path, do we stay with computers or go to shields/drivers, or tritanium?

Comment

As far as I understood, we already started research, or? So we shall continue.

Whoha,

I don't think that a tiny scout will make any difference, or?

Comment

we are into computers 900, but can switch and in 1 or 2 turns get tritanium or mass drivers/shields. they can't take the outpost so we probably have time to finish computers 900.

Comment

Originally posted by Whoha
            Hmm, well then i'm going to need some instructions on what to do here, I am just not able to defend a world with just defensive installations.

Then there is the question of tech path, do we stay with computers or go to shields/drivers, or tritanium?
            You really don't have any choice at this time. You can't build any decent ships in any reasonable amount of time and would need at least 3 or 4 BB's to do the job anyway. That is just not possible right now.

So I am not sure where we are, but getting those supercomps up is very important. We only need to hold on to our home system to come out on top if we get our tech going and don't let them steal much of it.

So what techs are open to us at this time? If we do not have PP tech, that should be next. We need those mirvs merc for defense and the PP to boost production.
            After that we could slip in some shields if we see attacks coming, otherwise I would try to get terrafarming. That leads to subfarms and no blockade worries.

We need to queue up a spy some place, maybe at the HW if it is not doing anything crucial. If we have all structures finished on the HW, then spies till comps, then more spies till we have 4.

I hate to let them get a bunch of tech for free, especially missile bases.

Comment

ok, at 5:00 monday Ill do 110 to 120. It looks like we will be continuing to computers, and only building base defensive instalations. After computers I'll research Chemistry.

When should we think of colonizing any planets?

Comment

ok, at 5:00 monday Ill do 110 to 120. It looks like we will be continuing to computers, and only building base defensive instalations. After computers I'll research Chemistry.

When should we think of colonizing any planets?
                I would suggest switch from port on D-III to Robo. We are only getting 2BC, so it will only break even until we get more production and we need the 10 industry from the robo, plus to boost to all workers on industry.

Anyway, this is a very ugly draw we got here, Silli for nearest race and crap planets. This will be rough.

You can either try to get one of the better worlds on the nearest Silicoid system or on our OP planet. This will be a long shot and could well go up in smoke. So as soon as you get the supercomp on the HW, I would go for a CS on the OP planet or make an OP for the other system. The OP as it is less of a loss, if they take umbridge over are being in their system.

Comment

I got a bit worried about this one, so I loaded my save from T100 and played out to 279. Yeah that is how long it took just to get in a position to defend myself with some ships.

It was one blockade after another as the Silis bust Vela and were at my door. I now wish I had not built anything there. It would have taken them a bit longer to get the planet.

Anyway I finally got two BB's up and started an attack on the 7 BB and 1 DD sitting on the HW.
                  I killed two an retreated before the missiles got to me and rinse and repeat until I killed all, but 1 and they left. Now I have Deep Core up and can crank out a ship in short order, so it is game on.
                  Last edited by vmxa1; November 3, 2003, 00:17.

Comment

Yea, it might be worth it to crank out a ship and glass anything they try to put up at vela

Comment

Wow I just had a blast at Qui. I had grabbed it as they had one colonist. It is a rich Gaia, I had 4 BB and a DD and DE (battleship/destroyer/frigate). They show up with 22 BB and 5 lessors ships. I had rushed SB and BS, already had Ground Bat/MB and FG. I figured it was toast city, but I got all their ships and lost none, they busted the BS only and I rebuilt that in a few turns. Now I refit all ships with Class V and I need to find the guardian, then I can go on a ramage. City Planning done and Frot going up.

Comment

Yea, it might be worth it to crank out a ship and glass anything they try to put up at vela
                        I can't say for sure, but it may slow them down. Do F9 to their planets to see if they can reach it. I suspect they will show up in force if you do and build anyway.

It could be more productive to get those tech, but I am not sure.
                        I made a log of my run so far, but remember I have Emo, not galis.
                        I had to use the tax slider at 40% for awhile. Like I said this is a tough start and I am still not sure I am over the hump as I know there are some big fleets out there. I have crippled the Silis for now.

Comment

Actually in my game, I kept killing their ships so that they never showed up in force, we'll check out what to do in the 120-130 turn phase. and I guess we should stop playing ahead, I think that it is one of the contributing factors to why people aren't chiming in.

Comment

Actually in my game, I kept killing their ships so that they never showed up in force, we'll check out what to do in the 120-130 turn phase. and I guess we should stop playing ahead, I think that it is one of the contributing factors to why people aren't chiming in.
                            I am not so sure as no playing ahead was done unil now, at least not posted before hand.
                            Anyway my game is really no longer the same game. I think I have it under control after taking on Orion and then the Psilons.

I made a screenine of getting the techs from Orion, but just realized I better not post it as it shows the whole map, thanks to Loknar.

Comment

Thank you gent's for kind of spoiling it.

Now we already had two playing ahead...........

Comment

may be we have to find a modearator to delete those? Or vmxa: delete them or put them into spoiler tag?
                                Last edited by bakalov; November 3, 2003, 10:16.
                                Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

Working...
                                X