No announcement yet.

Trying something different

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That reminds me, tell me what you think of Moo3 with the new patch. I have had no interest in revisiting that because I couldn't imagine what they could do in a patch that would fix all it's problems.

Plus C3C too, since I don't often check that board. I did revist that recently with the latest patch at the time, and wasn't that impressed.
    Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

I have the patch applied, but have not gotten in any games. I really enjoyed seeing the massive fleet battles, but was not happy that I could not really do anything to influence them, once they started.
      I did not enjoy all the problems with trying to make the items, I wanted. I understand that they may have nuked the never ending combat units. So I do not expect it to be great, but I am hoping that it will be fun to play once in awhile, don't know if ti will.
      Since I am a big Civ nut, you probably should not listen to me about C3C. I am just starting what will be the last PTW game on an island only map at deity as Japan. I mostly play emperor, so it will not be a cake walk.

Comment

I might be interested in your CIV3 thoughts as I didn't hate the game as I did Moo3, I just found it was too long and got way too tedious with the workers in the late game, especially cleaning pollution.

I did some looking and the scenarios look interesting!
        Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Yeah, if you want to get the most from your empire you have to manage those workers and make lots of them. In order to out tech the AI at emperor, I need to maximize my tiles.
          The pollution is a breeze for me. I will be getting my RR up about then. Once that is up, I will have a stack of workers that will just jump on any pollution and clean in one turn. After you get Mass Trans, it gets easier and then recyling, it becomes very minor.
          Any I prepaid, so I will have it by the 5th.

Comment

Did they take the cap off of the research time limit?

Comment

Originally posted by Whoha
              Did they take the cap off of the research time limit?
              No, min is 4 turns and max is 40 in std PTW game.

Comment

Did they end the ai practice of them all giving techs to each other?

Comment

No, they need the help.

Comment

I'll have to experiement with the stack of workers, when I tried that I could move them as a stack, but when I selected clean pollution only one of the workers did it.

Started the lith/feudal game last night got far enough to remember why I don't play lith very often, man that's sweet.

Comment

Lith means never worring about a blockade.

You could use the only clean pollution button, so long as you do not have any neighbors. If you have any civs near, the dumb AI will send workers into harms way. So I just never automate workers. I will fort them out in the open in big stacks, so I can find them when needed. The AI will put them in your cities and then it is a real pain to find them and use them.

Comment

Lith means I don't need soil enrichment early and can grab any planets I want too!

Even without automation, I had a stack of about 8 and I'd move it to the spot, but when I did the clean pollution it would only assign one of the workers to do it, and I'd have to manually go through the stack to get the other 7 cleaning.

Comment

I always do it manually, so I never even noticed. I don't trust the AI to do anything at all.

Comment

Working...
                          X