COWARDS WTF lol.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COWARDS WTF lol.

I recently patched my game..and it has ruined it!

My men run literally EVERY fight.

I finally had enough and came here to ask...what is wrong!

My last fight was defending my OWN planet. I had roughly 80 ships sitting there at the moment. They ran from a force of 30, of lesser tehcnology! My damn fighters from the carriers killed off the enemy force...LOL and im rewarded with a draw..and having to order my force back to the system.

WTF is wrong?

Hard to say without knowing a lot more. What was your force mix? Did you have anything to protect the carriers? (You'll note that enemy carriers and IFs will also shoot and retreat under a lot of circumstances, so this may be what happened to you if you didn't have some beam ships around.)
    If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have done all the stuff that led me to what I know now...

Former member, MOO3 Road Kill...er, Crew

Comment

Ah, That must be the problem. So after the patch Carrier and IFs run without support groups?

Damn Ive had awesome results from just groups of IFs and carriers.

Now just to be clear, I have to actually have seperate groups of Beam ships, not just in the same armada.

For example the battle I first posted, I had multiple groups and all were like this

10 IFs
      4 long range beamers
      2 recons

I had many groups of that setup, and they all ran.

To fix this, I just need to deploy some Long range attack, and short range attack battle groups?

What a pain, I liked my lazy IF fleets.

Comment

I guess you need to manually control battles, or make LR ships that are really carriers/IF ships.

Comment

Yep, even one or two LR/SR groups should do...at least until you run into someone with better tech.
          If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have done all the stuff that led me to what I know now...

Former member, MOO3 Road Kill...er, Crew

Comment

Tell me about it. My ships, a full armada, will try retreating if they get sandwiched and pounded from all sides. They try to retreat, even if they have no chance, and as such just get destroyed. I really wish they'd fight to the death in such cases. Maybe they can take out a ship or two that way. you know.

Comment

I always do Manual Combat every time I have an important battle, but I noticed several discrepancies.

Sometimes I get better victories if I cede control, but other times I can pull victory from the jaws of defeat from manual control.

Example:

18 Battlecruisers versus 32 light cruisers.

I manual control the 32 light cruisers, and pincher attack the single armada. I lose, say, 10 light cruisers.

Then I reload the save, then play the combat again, but instead of manual, I cede control to the computer. Then I only lose 6 or 7 light cruisers compared to 10 from manual control.

The times I cede control of combat is when I have overwhelming odds, like 180 of my ships aganist, say, 20 or 40 of the enemy. I always win, no problem. Saves tons of time.

MOO3 is full of quirky things.
              Geniuses are ordinary people bestowed with the gift to see beyond common everyday perceptions.

Comment

Working...
              X