Wartime rioting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wartime rioting?

does an active war cause unrest? it seems as if my empire (numbering probably around 100+ worlds) is slowly crumbling around me. first it starts on the fringes. my worlds start rioting, buildings get torn down, eventually even a full scale revolt. but this is easily put down by just dispatching a nearby troop ship. then it slowly moves in. a few turns ago i had a system almost adjacent to my home system begin to riot!

how do i deal with this? i've tried lowering system tax rate, planetary tax rate, etc ...

should i have just set aside some DEA's for recreation from the start , or what? because by the time they start rioting, its too late.

I've always made a point of building Gov, Mil, and Rec DEAs (in that order) wherever possible. Check to see what is causing the unrest and act on that. Perhaps a big tax and oppresso-meter reduction until the DEAs are built will help. Ships and troops may help in the short term as well but may not be practical given the size of your empire. Also, keep some Social counterspies handy. Good luck!
    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
    2004 Presidential Candidate
    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

lower system and empire taxes to 5% during war(build up a lot of cash before hand), and yea, govt and rec deas are great.

Comment

I've never needed to go that far, but a 5% reduction in overall tax rate during a long war is often a good way to keep the population content.
        To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
        H.Poincaré

Comment

Also, land troops on planets that go into unrest. While troops do not deal with the unrest itself, they can help reduce the actual unrest state that results from it.

Also, it's important to try to keep planets from going into revolt; if they do, it drives up unrest a little everywhere else in the empire, and can become a vicious cycle.

Comment

As far as taxes go I usually keep empire at 5% and system at 1%. Planetary taxes however I vary from 15-30% depending on O-meter changes, spying, and local unrest or budgetary requirements. Never had a problem like above. (Of course, that greatly adds to micromanagement with all of the frequent minor tweaking)
            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

I have hight Empire taxes from the beginning alone with hight system taxes as hight as I they can bear it an planetary tax starting at 15 % which the viceroyal raise on his own untril I lower it when unrest hit that planet.
              By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

I do it my way because it gives me greater flexibility at the planetary level where its needed. I'd only do it your way if we could give grants to planets instead of just from planets.

Comment

Working...
                X