ground troops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ground troops

well, i've figured out so far that if i mark all my ships except the ones that i want built as obsolete, then i can get a huge amount of ships that i want very quickly (mark all but colony obsolete for a huge colonizing boom, then mass produce whatever i need)

except that the damn planets keep building infantry of various types.

how can i make it so they won't build these?

This is actually a fairly complicated problem, first off, you will want enough infantry troops, second you need multiple ship designs to fill armadas(i like 6 core mission ships, 8 point defense ships, 2 recon ships).

Your problem sounds like the ai won't build the ships you design. If thats the case check how expensive they are in relation to any particularly productive planet. the planetary viceroy seem to only build the ship that will finish the quickest(less then 2 turns from what i've noticed). Some suggestions:

make sure each planet builds atleast 2 industrial deas.

Scale back the hull size of ships you build by 2 or even 3 from the biggest you can build.

make pd and recon ships from bigger hulls then if/carrier/sr/lr ships to drive up their prices so the ai builds somewhat less of them.

Remember the ai suffers worse from these problems then you do, so building slightly smaller ships isn't a problem.

in answer to your question, there is no way to make the ai stop building troops, but there are some things you can do if the ai is only building troops.

Comment

This is my major problem too.

I sort planets by industry (why the hack production point is not a sorting option?) and if I don't check them often, the most industrious planets, which can build superdreadnought in 2 or 3 turn, are building stupid psy-ops or hackers and waste precious time.

I tried to pre-build huge ground force(in lesser planets). but now I have huge reserve (10+ marine army, 20+ mobile army, 20+ armor army, 20+ battleroid army with all support units) and they don't stop building magazines.

I have only one solution: micromanage military queues, at least queues of 10 or 20 most industrious planets. And always build ships in five or ten and check queues every 10 turns(or when you have new ship design)

Comment

Locking your buildqueues may also be a viable option, this way they keep on building the items in their current queu until you unlock it again .

Comment

Working...
        X