No announcement yet.

Portrait selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early on that was a problem for me. Nowadays, I don't expand beyond my capacity to defend, and I can't remember the last time they had the drop on me.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

It is not a question of being able to defend. If they have a large fleet that can bust your planet and it shows up and you do not have a fleet there, you lost the planet.
      You could have several fleets that could defeat their fleet, but you had no idea it was coming, since it was stealthy. Now if you are one that will reload and put a fleet there, so that never happens, then, what can I say.
      Otherwise you have to eliminate them before they get that fleet/tech. Or you have to have an omni trait or leader.
      Last edited by vmxa1; September 14, 2003, 14:09.

Comment

Yeah, Darloks are a bloody pain.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Darloks, I hope.
          The Chuck Norris military unit was not used in the game Civilization 4, because a single Chuck Norris could defeat the entire combined nations of the world in one turn.
          - Chuck Norris Facts

Comment

I think we can safely assume that Darlocks are the portrait of choice.

Comment

I always take Elerian. Partially because when I played telepathic I wanted to be the only one, then I just kept using it for all.
              Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Yes I would also, if I was going Tele.

Comment

Funny. I rarely find the Darloks trouble in MoO2.

I generally take the Elerians... for easy on the eye graphics. Otherwise, I tend to favor taking the Silies as they do tend be my top trouble maker (refusing to just surrender their worlds to me, etc )
                  -Darkstar
                  (Knight Errant Of Spam)

Comment

As I tend to rarely use spying offensively (I usually play creative; or if not creative, I'm usually not repulsive) I have one major gripe with the darloks: They tend to frame other races so they go to war with me.
                    Don't get me wrong, there is a time and place in moo2 when you can be at war with every race and still not feel threatened, but if early in the game the darloks frame me while they're spying on silicoids or sakkra the game gets a lot harder. Also, they seem to take warp interdictors half the games I play.
                    When an alien race develops warp interdictors (in huge galaxy) I quit the game. I can play another game in the time it'll take me to conquer all the worlds.
                    So to come to a conclusion, I don't mind any of the other races as much as Darloks because:
                    a) I hate being framed and b) I hate enemy races having warp interdictors.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar
                      I generally take the Elerians... for easy on the eye graphics.
                      If only the Darloks looked like the Elerians.............

Half naked female shapeshifters...........

I believe we have the makings of a TV series there...........

Comment

Ever custom a spying telepath race? Spying actually works, its amazing.

Comment

My best spying always happened end game when I could throw so much cash at it that I could have just bought it from the race. There was always something so cool about seeing the ninja Psilon.

Comment

You won't be buying anything as a Repulsive, so force or stealing is it.

Comment

Working...
                            X