Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As long as you have the picks.

Comment

With biospheres, aquatic and subterranean and large HW the size of the starting planet increases to 28. The bad thing is that such race will have no more than 15 RP from the start .... The starting production will be even lower (because of the pollution). If you drop the subterranean you will end up with 22, and if you use the 6 picks for artifacts and +1 research you will increase your starting RP to 30. When full, with supercomputers and holo simulators this 22 sized world can privide more than 200 RP and can alone do the needed early research. Then you go and conquer everything ....
      Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

Anyway it seems that there will be no more proposals for race. I suggest that everyone now votes for two of the suggestions. Each of the authors must place one of his votes for his own race, and the other vote for one of the other races. The other participants have no other limitation except not putting two votes for the same race.

Comment

Are we going to do it by posting in this thread or are we going to start a poll?

Comment

We shall post in this thread - I dont know if the polls support exactly two votes per participant

Comment

No ......... polls only support 1 or as many as you want .............

Comment

Let us vote here then and I will collect the results periodically. I have another idea now. No one has voted yet and it is not too late for it. Please specify what is your first choice, and what is the second - this way if two races collect equal amount of votes priority will have the one that collected more "1st choice"-s.

Comment

First choice: Iasius'
                  - Artifact HW, Prod +1, LHW, Aquatic

Second choice: Bakalov's
                  - Science+1, Artifact HW, Large HW, Aquatic

Prod +1 will help our early colonies build up faster. All the science doesn't help if you can't build with it.
                  RHW+subt instead of prod+aquatic would be nice but has more food problems in the beginning. I don't mind HW boni in huge maps because with creative I usually still have a slow start so I can't colonize and defend more than 3-4 star system unless I get lucky and have no silicoids close by. OTOH RHW and AHW doesn't really go well together late game, but as a creative race we don't really need to worry about late game, if we survive that long we've won.

Comment

I'll opt for

3) Bakalov's
                    - Science+1, Artifact HW, Large HW, Aquatic

as my second choice.
                    Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

I'll take Bakalov's for my second.

Comment

I see that a new race proposal appeared, so let it be known as:

4) Iasius' race:
                        - Artifact HW, Prod +1, LHW, Aquatic

Anyone who want may vote for it too ....

Comment

My first choice will be 3) and the second one - 2) Harry's.

I found it difficult to decide about my second choice - I liked both Harry's and Iasius's races most so I had to flip a coin about my choice ;-) And the coin chose 2).
                          So here are the results by now:

1) 1+0 (total 1 vote)
                          2) 1+1 (total 2 votes)
                          3) 1+3 (total 4 votes)
                          4) 1+0 (total 1 vote)

We'll wait two more days for the others to vote. I hope that we can generate and post the starting position on Friday. Then we'll have to discuss our strategy according to what we see, and of course - choose the President for the first turns.

Comment

I'd like to post some comments about Iasuis's thoughts. Such race does not need early colonization - it can go very well with a single system until turn 110, and even with a single colony. Then you go out and conquer your neighbour. Then the next one, and the next one .... In this case having silicoids nearby is a very lucky event because they are the best slave race possible. I never had any problems conquerring them.

Comment

OK, Let the discussion be closed then. The final desicion for our race is:

Creative Dictatorship Large and Artifacts Homeworld, with +1 Science and Aquatic.
                              Negatives are -Ship defence, -Ground combat and Repulsive.

So let someone who has the courage to generate the game and post it in the other thread. All of the players should pray for a good starting position :-) If we get a bad one we will have ti stick with it ;-) let's not cheat from the start. Also I'll ask that no one tries to play the game alone to see the surroundings, or use an editor to do so because IMO this may ruin the experience ...
                              All the discussions will continue in the topped thread.

Also please post there your wishes - who wish to be a president, and who don't, and who will do it if he's chosen even he does not wish to. Personally I do not wish to be the president, but will do it if it comes to me. It will be good if each of the participants takes his part and the duty of a president for some time (20 turns for example). We may cycle several people and we'd better vote for the order than for the people.

Comment

Actually let's first vote on the President and he will then start the game. Might be better........

I think I'll start a new thread for it............

Comment

Working...
                                X