MOO2 Sound Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOO2 Sound Problems

Hello. I'm currently trying to reinstall an old favorite of mine, MOO2, on my new rig.

The first install ran flawlessly until I tried to change any non-spawn colony's production. That would trigger a quick crash to desktop.

I uninstalled and went about the process of reinstalling. I used the DOS installer by mistake, bringing up the sound check panel.

After a delete of the DOS install, I reinstalled and patched the Win95 version. Now I'm getting no sound. Additional uninstall/install cycles do nothing.

Does anyone know where the sound preferences are so I can delete them?

Here's a parallel thread I posted in another, more general forum: http://arstechnica.infopop.net/OpenT...5&m=8130932285

YOu don't say what OS, but I would looked at the registry. Here is a forum I recently heard of that may be useful:

Comment

That just might help a little...

WinXP Pro/Barton/R300 GPU/Turtle Beach Santa Cruz.

Comment

Let tell about my issue. It may be relevant. I had a PC AMD 1900+ with AC97 onboard running XP PRO SP1.
        I built this myself. Moo2 worked fine. I got a new PC for E3 (each year) and it was a Pent IV 3.02 GH with aAc97 onboard. Moo2 would make my video a mess and I could not see anything. This did not happen at teh same point. I could play a few or not. I got a Audigy Gamer today and diabled Ac97. Now Moo2 seems just fine. Not sure what that is worth, but I have spent since E3 with Firaxis trying to get PTW to stop crashing. We finally did it after prevetning any sound apps from running. I will be testing to see if now Civ behaves with sound.

Comment

Have you tried the DOS version ? Run setsound.exe.
          I used to play without sound , until I upgraded my M/board which had an AC97 based sound chip, then the sound was OK.

Comment

Originally posted by system370 View Post
            Have you tried the DOS version ? Run setsound.exe.
            I used to play without sound , until I upgraded my M/board which had an AC97 based sound chip, then the sound was OK.
            And where do I find this? I am running Windows 7 64bit and I have the game finally running perfectly with no lag, no graphics errors, and no mouse lag issues, but I have no sound of any kind.

Comment

If you are talking about Moo2 nogard, the game has a window and dos version on the cd. I use DosBox now on Win8 and have sound. Easiest way it to just buy it from GoG. It comes with a new patch and dosbox ready to run. Seen it on sale for 2.99 many times. I had the dosbox version on win7. In fact still do on the old pc and it still runs fine.

I use D-Fend to set up the dosbox and Moo1 and Moo2 so it is a one click run. D-Fend is free and links are on DosBox site. DosBox is free as well.

Comment

Working...
              X