MOO 2 Video Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOO 2 Video Problems

I'm having problems getting MOO 2 to display properly. The program will start normally, but all I get is a black screen. The sound effects indicate that the MOO 2 opening screen is active, but I can't see anything.

I had MOO 2 running on this system without problems a few months ago, and I don't think I've made any major changes to my system in that time.

I've downloaded the latest display drivers, played with the colour and resolution settings to no avail. I'm pretty certain that I'm missing something obvious and simple.........but I'm stumped.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
    I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

May be a good idea to mention what the OS is that you are using. I am guessing this is Win2000.

Comment

I'm running Win 98.
      Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
      I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Have you upgraded direct x lately? On my Win98SE box, I stayed at 8.1 and have no problems with Moo2 at 1.31 using the same vid drivers for at least two years.
        That is how long it has been since that system was connected to the Web.
        If you when to 9.0, try 9.0b as it was meant for Win98.
        If not, then I would use add/remove to uninstall and try to install again. I woul dremove the floder for Moo2 before reinstalling.
        You could also copy the whole CD to your hard drive to set the ini to the hard drive. This avoids any reading the CD for video, such as cut scenes.

Comment

Well, you were right about it being a problem with Direct X. I just re-installed from the PTW CD, and MOO 2 fires up just fine. Thank you for your help.

Comment

Yahoo

Comment

Fix for W2K Black Screen Bug

For all W2K Systems: You must run Orion II in "Compatibility Mode" and choose the "Windows 95 Compatibility layer"

To get this option under W2K SP3 do the following:

Log on as Administrator.
              Click Start, and then click Run.
              In the Open box, type the following command, and then click OK, where %SystemRoot% is the drive and folder in which Windows is installed:

regsvr32 %systemroot%\apppatch\slayerui.dll

Orion II video will play flawlessly! No more annoying black screens!

Enjoy,

IronMan

Comment

Working...
              X