Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLL: Race picks: Tolerant/Repulsive

Hi all,

to make further choosing easier, let's first decide over tolerant versus repulsive:

They scored with:

30 : Tolerant / +10
    20 : Repulsive / -6

So this poll is to decide, if we will be tolerant or repulsive, meaning three options:

Tolerant, if you want us to be like this
    Repulsive, if you want us to be like this
    Abstain/Bananaif you can't decide.
    Tolerant
    33.33%
    Repulsive
    50.00%
    abstain/banana
    16.67%

The poll is expired.

heh, I predict a landslide for repulsive, but I voted for Tolerant.

Comment

Ok, help me out. Why are Tol and Rep one or the other?
      One is a positive trait and the other is a negitive? You could do both.
      So are you saying Tol yes or no as the first of many choices for traits and Rep yes or No as the first of many choices for minus?
      Well actually the way you stated it, it Tol or Rep.

So I will Abstain.

Comment

OK, the reasons why I went this way:

1.) I though I remembered that Tol and Rep were contrary and therefore would exclude each other.
        2.) It will narrow down on what we can take further.

Are you sure you can take both at the same time ?

Comment

Yes you can take both. If you pick repulsive you can't be charismatic. Tolerant doesn't keep you from selecting anything except for it's 10 picks price tag, should be more like7 or 8. Tolerant better than creative? I don't think so.

Comment

Sorry,

My appologies. I had mixed charismatic and Tolerant.................

So I think we shall scratch this poll..............

Comment

Iasius, I feel that tolerant is better then creative. it gives a tremendous boost to the early game expansion phase, and allows all planets to be able to build up to a decent population size(due to tolerant) before having to start on some of the more expensive projects. It also constrains the tech tree for the valuable chemistry techs so it has some of the creative bonus.

Computers 900 and Force fields 900 are the only tough choices to be made I feel(and even then I nearly always go with class 3 shields and positronic computers now), so is creative worth getting those 6 techs immediately(whereas I will have to spy,trade,conquer to get them)?
              Further, because of the pop bonus force fields 900 isn't as tough a choice to make, any non-tol race will have all its radiated planets stuck at around 5-7 pop points while a tol race can get a size 15 radiated planet, and the fact that I have many more planets then I otherwise would have had makes up for not having holo simulators or super computers to assist in research.

Comment

I am not sure we need to use the best possible race, just a good one will do. In an MP game I would say Tol is better than Creative. In an SP game it is just a matter of preference. I find it easy to win with a Tol than a Creative, but you can win with either.

Comment

I'm confused. Where's the new poll?

Comment

Working...
                  X