Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MOO1: How shall I get rid of the in-game security?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOO1: How shall I get rid of the in-game security?

I just downloaded MOO1 and started playing. However, after a while the game asks me to identify a certain type of ship. If i fail 3 times... game over. You all know what I´m talking about, right?

I used to play this game several years ago and back then I had somekind of crack which removed this "security check"... But where do I get it from now?

Please help guys!

Sincerely,
    Markus
    Finland

So many places to get the responses.
    jonsullivan has it on his web.
    I posted the whole list on this forum at least twice.
    I will attact my depiction of the ships for any question.
    Attached Files

Comment

someone figured out how to change the executable so it doesn't do security checks, but I don't have that handy.

Comment

It's be nice but hard to keep up with. I've had better success keeping up with the pic.

Comment

I know them by heart, so it is not an issue. Sad huh?

Comment

Me too
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Someone told me that the never.exe or some such was able to by pass the check, but it caused problems. I never heard of it. But really how hard it is to look at the list once in a while.

Comment

Or memorize it, eh?

Comment

I use the poster almost all the time myself.

but have you noticed the "Titan" (pg. 64) isn't on the poster?
                  Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                  ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

It is called a shark. I suspect it was a change after the game came out or maybe a patch. It is in the list.

Comment

Working...
                    X