X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my early strategy

my favorite pick: max manufacturing, natural engineer

turn 1 - send scout to explore and design new LR ship as following:

destroyer class, no armor, no shield, under 100Gm/s tactical speed(to pack more nukes), 1 light mount laser cannon, about 10 one-shot rocket-chassis nukes.

this ship will do scout and hold systems from enemy scouts/colonies/shooters.

home planet will builds ONLY these ships until you go next phase.

~ c. turn 30+ cauciously explore systems and HOLD systems with destroyers. only one ship is enough to 'hold' a system. and park 3~4 to make it sure. (if you reach other empire's border) intercept every incoming vessel.

Never leave any small possibility of enemy scout/colony ships fly through your "explored" area. Things will go very annoying if they build an outpost in the middle of your "lebensraum". Be paranoid!

If you reach enemy border or arbitary limit (ex:20 turn distance from home planet) in every direction and every branch, stop exploring and secure border. don't explore farther, you don't want to automated colony ship wander outside of your border.

begin building SystemColonies and Colonies. Expand like crazy within your border. let new colonies build 3 police ship first, then systemcolony, then colony ship.
    micromanage every military queue.

After most of your planets are colonized (roughly around when sub-light drive comes) it's time to conquer universe.

This strategy runs well in impossible difficulty for me.

other note:

IMO defensive spies are utterly useless. Train scintific spies, wait until you have 4 or 5 of them, then pour them into any tasty target and you'll like it, especially in early stage.

The destroyer thing has worked well for me. Thanks
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
    X