Cd with 131 on it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cd with 131 on it?

I have been talking to some that says they have a CD purchased in a store that is dated 1999 and has 1.3.1 applied. Has anyone seen this before? Is it a bootleg?
    Did Micropose actually cut a new master with 1.3.1?
    I bought several boxes after 1999 and as late as 2001 and none had 1.3.1 on it? Just wondering.

Was the Mac version at 131?

Comment

amazon.com is still selling cds, so maybe its not.

Comment

I wondered as I made a CD with 131 on it, but it seems so unprofitable for Micropose to remaster as game that weas long off the shelf at that point. I mean they had packaged multiple games with Moo in 1998 and they werre 1.2.
        I was hoping some one here could jump in and say they have a CD from the manufacturer with 131.

Comment

I had it. On the German version they installed 1.31.

The English version with 1.2 (has it got anything to say about the playing attitude? )

Comment

They may be talking about the january 2002 CGW demo CD, which had the full version of MOO. You ARE talking about MOO1, aren't you? I uninstalled the old one and have been using the CGW version ever since, since it doesn't require to have the CD in to play. I haven't ever applied a patch to it. how do I know the version?

I have bought game magazine demo CDs at stores which sell used PC games, maybe that's what he was talking about.
            Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
            ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

No, he should be talking abour MoO2.
              The version number is in both cases in the bottom right of the main screen.

Comment

Yeah, sorry it is Moo2. Moo1 only had 1.3 and they did make a final version with that patch. I never saw another on CD. My old floppy disk had the unpatch version.
                So at least the Germany version was updated.
                Last edited by vmxa1; August 6, 2003, 12:41.

Comment

The only reason why they did it (I think) was, because the release was to be done after the patch was ready. (As usual translations are always late )

Comment

Working...
                  X