User Created Manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User Created Manual

I just had an idea. What if we, the veteran players of MoO3 created a manual? We put only the information that we are certain of in it. It could include simple tips for gameplay, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Anyhow, I was just wondering if anybody was interested in helping.

Progress can be seen here.

www.jebus27.kicks-ass.net

The project is tentatively named "Manual Override"

Checklist:

Race Setup --------------Taken
    Galactic Setup-----------Taken
    Sitrep
    Main/Galaxy View -------Taken
    Encyclopedia
    Technology
    Finance
    Empire
    Personnel ----------------Taken
    Foreign Office
    Planets
    Shipyard -Ship Design---Taken
    Shipyard-Fleet
    Victory
    System View--------------Taken
    Combat
    Planet Screen

If you decide you would like to help, post up here and tell me which screen you'd like to do. I need to know who's doing what so I can check it off the list.

All I really ask for is a description of what every button in the screen does, what the sliders do, etc.

If you need to do screen shots, be my guest. I can include them easily. The information can all be in plain .txt format. I don't need anything fancy. Just keep it organized, clear, and concise.

This discussion is currently going on in 5 forums, so forgive me if I forget to bring some info over here.
    Last edited by JeBuS27; August 4, 2003, 13:30.

Great idea. Wouldn't it be better to allow multiple inputs per subject area? It would allow for more and better tips, yadda, yadda.
    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
    2004 Presidential Candidate
    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Oh yes, please team up, or take one that's already taken if you like.

I just wanted to put taken on there for those people who say, "Yeah I'll help, what can I do?"

Comment

progress

Has this gone anywhere or did the game community dry up and blow away like so much used tissue paper?

I wrote a huge paper for my applied anthropology class on how badly this game tanked. I hear you can get it free now. My stupid ass bought it at $50. I'll never do that again.

No one else should either...
        Listen to my internet radio show
        Tuesday Mornings 9-11am Pacific time. www.titaninternetradio.com

Comment

No, hasn't gone too much further than what you see at my site. The help I had asked for never came, so all that was done was done by me alone, which isn't very much at all.

Comment

The problem here is that you are trying to ride a horse that has passed through the cat food factory.

There are a very few fans that are willing to commit their resources to this for no real gain. New games are coming and MoO3 lost its footing at the starting block and has been face down in the mud for so long the authorities have called the medical examiner.

Comment

I was thinking a Fan built manual would be a good idea, I could help if you are still interested, or I could take over the project if no one is working on it anymore.

The new patch appears to have helped Moo3 .. and the game overall seems like a good strategy game. If we can fully understand how to play it, perhaps it will be able to fulfill its potential.

There appear to be some clever sections in MOO3 that people overlook, like startrade and terraforming species & habitability bands.

I would like to know more about the technology system, how much being a Creative race gives you more techs than a unimaginative race. Creatives seem to get good techs earlier as well as more frequent. Can we make a list of techs, or do they randomise too much.. it would help planning.
              The patches seemed to have moved a lot of techs around too.. would be nice to know where to find all the building techs for instance, or terraform techs.

Comment

You can make a list of the techs' base levels; just expect that the randomization will make things a little more iffy.

The creative thing boosts your chance of having any given tech (each is checked for individually, except that those with a KEEPTHIS modifier in the text file are ALWAYS available to every race).
                If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have done all the stuff that led me to what I know now...

Former member, MOO3 Road Kill...er, Crew

Comment

Well, I'm MOO3 newbie and I can say that encylopedia MOD (donwloaded from official forums), contains several very good threads in encylopedia format. And they realy helped me in learning the game.

Comment

If you guys are really serious about compiling a game manual I will work on it. I have linked several discussion threads over at Atari's site and can glean that information into a more strategy guide rather than actual manual. If its a manual you want for defining the game GUI interface and what each aspect generally does I think we could easily accomplish that. Just have to draw the line at generalization and not stratgey. BTW I here the actual startegy guide is also a lump of poo. And people actually get paid to publish these things is what urks me. I guess its all caveat emptor to the nth.

But if anyones interested or thinks this would actually work I can start a format unless Jebus27 wants to share what he has compiled so far.

The discusion at Ataris boards is here http://www.ina-community.com/forums/...51#post4642851 not to say that the discussions need to be moves their but the ideas of collaborative efforts will speed completion of such a task.
                    Last edited by Awsric Armitage; February 11, 2004, 07:59.

Comment

There never was much work done on it. I actually didn't recieve a single piece of information from anyone else. Good luck with this new run at it.

I suppose I should remove that link up there since it really doesn't lead to anything worth while.

Comment

Just what you have done is more than nothing. I just hope this effort does not peter out like the ones before.

Comment

Discussions are actively underway at the Atari site so I will cross link them here for the Apolyton guys to get involved for a more collaborative approach.
                          Once again here is the link:

Comment

Working...
                          X