:confused:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• :confused:

Loved moo1 (years ago) and moo2. trying to play moo1 again. Can't get moo 1 to work on win xp done the right click changes to the install and orion.exe files (changed ems to 1024, set to run in 95 compatibility, and moved the changed autoexec.nt file over) I even dl'd an ems driver but it still says i have no ems driver when i try to run it....help please?!?!

Have you searched the archive? This has been covered pretty thoroughly in the past and may be quicker than waiting for responses here. It looks like you've tried everything I could recommend except for trying a dos emulator.

Comment

I have heard of some people saying that they can not get Moo to work in XP the home version. They can on XP PRO. I have XP PRO and in fact have had two rigs using it and it works on both.

Comment

Here is my set up:
        Attached Files

Comment

Next
          Attached Files

Comment

No compat selected. No special autoexec.nt or config either. It plays with sound and I usually get in a game every week, often more.

Comment

was the second screen changed?....i do have home version so it's proly different for me...would a dos emulator do the trick?

Comment

The two unchecked boxes mean nothing. I was just fooling around with a screen cappture tool and they are normally checked.
                I have never use a DOS emulator and I have gotten Moo1 to work on Dos, Windows 3.1/3.11, Win95, Win98/SE/ME, Nt, XP, and OS2. So I would say it is not required. I have never had Win2000 or XP Home, so I can not say, but I would bet it would work as they have the same Kernnel as NT and XP PRO.

Comment

I can vouch for 2000 Pro, Server, and Advanced Server. I think MS has to come out personally to install Datacenter but if I can talk my department into bankrolling it I'll try it there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by twisted_1
                    was the second screen changed?....i do have home version so it's proly different for me...would a dos emulator do the trick?
                    Doesn't hurt to give it a shot, eh?
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

If you have a startup disk for DOS, which you can make from Win98SE, you can use it and paly Moo1 from there.

Comment

Only if your file system is FAT, unless it can be run directly from the CD. I'd try to find a way to play it through your OS if possible. You may could try BootALL if you can find it; I've had some success with it.

Comment

Good point Harry, I should have mentioned you would have to have Fat32 files for DOS.

Comment

wow this is a pethura of information you guys are really helpful...unfortunately stillnothing works...This is only the second thing i've ever tried to do on a computer that I haven't accomplished so i'm getting frustrated. You know the feeling that there's just one stupid check mark between you and your goal? any ways i'll send screen shots your way next post so you can see what i've done. maybe i missed a step.

Comment

nahh didn't work...again. and my trial version of snag it just ran out so no screen shots. I deleted everything and reinstalled it. the installation is still asking for an ems driver any suggestions on this more specific problem...I have downloaded an ems driver but it isn't appearing to work either. thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X