Now, is MOO3 worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now, is MOO3 worth it?

Hello folks, I know that MOO3 has had it's problems and gotten some pretty rough reviews, but now, after a few patches, is it worth buying? I tried Gal Civ demo, and it was ok, but not worth $40. However, MOO3 is on half.com for under $10, so I was thinking of picking it up.

I am a big fan of MOO, and MOO2 was fun, fan of the Civilization series of games, and strat games in general, so what are you thoughts? Is MOO3 worth $10?

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it.
    iamastatistic.com - Learn something about the world

Kinda.

-Y

Comment

Originally posted by Yook
      Kinda.

-Y
      Do you know what is more glowing than that.....Nothing!

My opinion is that it probably worth $10, but do not expect to have fun playing the game. (I'll prolly get bashed for that). It is prolly worth the $10 just to check it out. Think of it as a movie ticket.
      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Well if you are a big MoO2 fan and want a successor to that you will be disappointed... If not, there is a chance that you might like it, but if you liked Civ a lot you might end up being better off with Galciv...

MoO3 patches fixed a lot of cosmetic issues, but the game remains the same disappointment for those who would like MoO2.5....

Then again for less than $10 I think you can risk it unless you want said MoO2.5...

The CDs make for nice coasters...

Lata
        Krait

Comment

if it's $10, give it a shot. it's a love-it-or-hate-it game.
          B♭3

Comment

Ok, I think I'll plunk down the $10 tonight, but one more quick thing, does it have a tutorial? I think that's what bugged me about GalCiv, no tutorial and while I think I'm reasonably smart, with any game, I usually like to have a little walkthrough first.

Thanks for the opinions, I'll be sure to post mine soon.

p.s. I lost my MOO2 cd a long time ago, so I may buy MOO2 from half.com too, I'll have to see which one gets more play time.
            iamastatistic.com - Learn something about the world

Comment

No tutorial

There are some onscreen-instructions when you play the first time (I think theyre called master notes?) but labeling those a tutorial would be like calling Civilization combat tactical hehehe

Documentation-wise MoO3 completely and utterly sucks...

But you can fight through that with common sense and the forums if you really want to play...

Question is if its worth the hassle in the end...

Lata
              Krait

Comment

Oh. You want tutorials? You're out of luck.

The game is willfully obscure and obtuse.

Have fun.

-Yook

P.S. My bet is MoO2 gets more play time in the next month.

Comment

Its worth $10 I guess, but you are definately out of luck tutorial wise. Actually I had the most fun with this game while I was trying to figure out what went on behind the scenes and how to use that to win. Unfortunately when I figured out most of the game I realized the game isn't fun. At least with the beta patch now the AI attacks you.

Comment

I think its easily worth $10. I don't regret paying the full price.

If you search this forum carefully it covers most of the questions a new MoO player needs to ask since we were all chatting about them in the first few weeks of release. There is a lot of good stuff in that first month tucked between the hostile posts from disappointed players.
                    Last edited by Grumbold; June 28, 2003, 06:45.
                    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                    H.Poincaré

Comment

Working...
                    X