Amazon.com customer reviews gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon.com customer reviews gone?

Well, every now and then I go look at amazon.com to see if there are new customer reviews for MoO3. Today I noticed, all the reviews for the windows version are gone...

I get the option to write the first review.. WTH is up with that? Do they deliberately delete the reviews so people buy crap while noone can warn them?

And is that a usual practice with Amazon?

Or is it a bug or site maintenance or whatever?

Just wondering...

Lata
    Krait

Go ahead and write a glowing review.
    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
    2004 Presidential Candidate
    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

What do you expect?

Just some more IG/Atari spin control... Much like this this previous post!
      Kahn

Comment

Re: What do you expect?

Originally posted by Kahn
        Just some more IG/Atari spin control... Much like this this previous post!
        I just heard the guy in that post was captured (unconfirmed).
        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

Well guess what they don't seem to be posting my glaring 1 star review... (maybe I shouldnt have included the 'poo on amazon for deleting the old reviews' part? hehe)

Isn't that some kind of censorship, deleting old reviews and not posting new ones (maybe they only post them if they give 5 stars)?

And I even bought the damn thing at amazon, I would think it is my right to warn other people not to make the same mistake at the site of my failure...

Oh well...

Lata
          Krait

Comment

They probably consider it a dead topic not even worthy of review, good or bad.

Comment

Not true, I've seen some very old games with reviews.
              We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

They posted reviews now hehe... Guess they only do it once a week...

Lata
                Krait

Comment

Re: Re: What do you expect?

Originally posted by Vince278
                  I just heard the guy in that post was captured (unconfirmed).
                  Nah! Got the straight dope here!
                  Kahn

Comment

The probably think its a whole new game after the patch so the old reviews address some old issues that are resolved with the patch....

Probably....

Comment

Unlikely... After it came out, they did not remove the raving (p)reviews it got prior to release. But the issues those adressed were 'fixed' with the release too...

Lata
                      Krait

Comment

Re: Re: Re: What do you expect?

Originally posted by Kahn
                        Nah! Got the straight dope here!
                        Its confirmed. The old Info minister was captured, questioned, then released. Personally, I believe the only thing more tiresome than reading his press releases is reading posts about him. Lets move on to something thats funny (or at least on topic).

Comment

He wasnt captured, he turned himself in and hes been released.

For more Baghdad Bob, go to

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?

People should be poked in the eye....

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: What do you expect?

Originally posted by Vince278
                            Personally, I believe the only thing more tiresome than reading his press releases is reading posts about him. Lets move on to something thats funny (or at least on topic).
                            Looks like you're the first who hasn't taken the hint.

Comment

Working...
                            X