how do missiles work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do missiles work?

could someone please explain the working of missiles?

how does rack and missiles per rack work?

Number of Racks means how many ammunition you´ve got for your Missile Launchers
    and Missiles per Rack means, how many Missiles you fire per Salvo.

So if you´ve got 4 Racks and 10 Missiles per Rack it means that you could fire 4 Salvos with 10 Missiles each, before running out of amunition.

I think it is also one of those things they altered with the Patch, cos AFAIR before the patch it was the other way round.
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I never actually used the data patch myself because it really didn't fix enough problems to make it significant. Anyways I have never ever had a problem with Missile Racks and Missiles per rack. I have a feeling something funky with the data patch is going on there because in my patch version its exactly the same as it was out of the box.

Comment

Oh, I talk about the Codepatch, KWAIRT, not the Datapatch.

The Datapatch didn´t alter anything with the missiles.
        The Change I talk about came with the Codepatch which was released last week.
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Im using the code patch and my missiles are the same as they were in v1.0 so I'm sorta confused on this issue and it's not the first time I've heard of it either?!?! What I meant was you probably had the data patch installed then installed the code patch overtop and now your missiles are listed backwards. Some people thought it was a fix but it sounds like a bug since my are working properly with the code patch but not having installed the data patch prior...Unless I am just missing something when using missiles. I don't actually use them alot at this point... I guess I should build some missile boats though it would be interesting...
          Last edited by KWAiRT; June 11, 2003, 00:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST
            Number of Racks means how many ammunition you´ve got for your Missile Launchers
            and Missiles per Rack means, how many Missiles you fire per Salvo.

So if you´ve got 4 Racks and 10 Missiles per Rack it means that you could fire 4 Salvos with 10 Missiles each, before running out of amunition.
            Isn't that the other way around? The rack is the launcher and missiles per rack is the ammo in the the rack (launcher). So to use your example of 4 racks with 10 missiles each you should get 10 salvos with 4 missiles each. This way with each salvo each rack launches a missile. Your way each rack would have to fire 2.5 missiles per rack to launch 10 missiles a salvo.
            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
            2004 Presidential Candidate
            2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278

Isn't that the other way around? The rack is the launcher and missiles per rack is the ammo in the the rack (launcher). So to use your example of 4 racks with 10 missiles each you should get 10 salvos with 4 missiles each. This way with each salvo each rack launches a missile. Your way each rack would have to fire 2.5 missiles per rack to launch 10 missiles a salvo.
              thats what been confusing me too....

but i think he is right

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278

Yes, it should work the other way round and and AFAIR it did without the codepatch.
                I was also confused, when it changed with the Codepatch.

Maybe KWAIRT is right and it is a bug which is encountered only, when the codepatch is installed over the datapatch.

@KWAIRT
                Yep, it would be interesting if you´d create some of them and record, which of the numbers is for Reloads and which one for Number of missiles per salvo in your Version of the game.

Comment

it might be datapatch bug

the codepatch IS incompatible with the datapatch according to QSI

cheers

Comment

Nah. I did a clean install + code patch. I don't know why QSI decided to fix something that, IMO, wasn't broken. It's annoying, but just experiement and you can see the correct results. In general, just change one of the numbers and when you exit the weapon selection and see "01" next to the missile entry, you know that the number you changed is the number of uh..... missile volleys that can be launched.

Comment

Working...
                    X