Patch install problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch install problems

Can't install patch??? It gives me an error.

Tells me cannot open ....Moo3/Gamedata/common/dataset.mob or something or other. I have reinstalled multiple times and ran the patch multiple times

you can only install it on a fresh moo3 install

no datapatch allowed

cheers

Comment

Thats what I have done. Uninstalled the game, reinstall, run patch... no good...

Comment

Did you un-zip the patch first?

I tryed to install it from the zip file and got that message. Unzip to a temp folder, and then run it.

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I installed it on the DataPatch and it even backed up the files.

Comment

i unzipped, put files in moo directory, ran install unzip. error comes up...

Comment

hmmm, then I need more info - system, specs, where you got the patch, did you try DLing it again, exact words of the error message, then I'll see what I can do for you......

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

Same problem here. I've reinstalled twice and used the default location on the second occassion. I'm running Win2000. The wording for the error is "The file c:\...\datatags.mob can not be opened."

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Comment

OK, make sure you are unpacking the zip INTO A NEW FOLDER. Then run the patch install.exe FROM THE NEW FOLDER. Try this first. Unpack the whole contents of the zip into MoO3_patch or something and put this folder on the desktop to remove all confusion. You can delete or move it after you've installed the patch. The patch will not install, in most cases, unless you unzip it first. When I tryed I replicated the message you're getting.

-Jam

Comment

There's a path structure in the zip file so you actually have to unzip the whole thing to a new folder through the select target directory option (or whatever its called) rather than just highlighting everything and dragging it to a new folder - do this and you lose the path and won't be able to install 4 of the files.

Of course I now get the directx message each and every time I try and access the finance screen so I may still have done something wrong.

Comment

@ravagon : Try the following :
                      Ensure you have the latest version of Directx - check their website.
                      Avoid alt-tab behavior
                      Turn off hardware accelleration
                      Use the system mouse pointer instead of the high-color one (*sheesh QS!*)
                      Turn the game's level of graphical detail to the lowest in the options screen.

If none of these work *shrugs* then I'm stuck too.

-Jam

Comment

I can't choose my color, or see my planets in my planet screen, there is lot of bugs in the game, the patch make the things worse.The direct3d bug is still a problem

Comment

Maybe you need to download the patch again. I can choose colors and I'm not having any real problems as far as bugs.

Comment

Godfrey Daniel! As W.C. Fields used to exclaim!

I hope that when the 'alpha' patch comes out in a few days, it wont be such a headache to install it?

Comment

Working...
                            X