Alien conspiracy....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alien conspiracy....

I grant you I am not the strongest of players but my finely honed paranoia and long experience of space strategy games such as MOO2 and MOO3 and others have led me to one inescapable conclusion; they are all a part of diabolical plot by aliens to take over the human race!

My reasoning is thus. I have never played as any other species than one of the humanoid races (I just cant empathise with insectoids or reptilians or rock-oids or whatever) but no matter how quickly I try to colonise, how I crank out the production of factories and ships and military the aliens, whether lizzardy looking things, or crystalline paperweighty-looking things or pizza-looking things with tentacles etc, always seem to outperform me! When I establish first contact with them (and in MOO3, that means almost inevitably to be categorised as a galactic pest to be exterminated - so much for high diplomacy) I find they usually have far more planets from which of course they can proceed to churn out crushing military assets. (I have just come across this reptilian race called the Einarii, or something like that and they possess 600 plus worlds and have a zillion military points! I havent a third of that! And yes, they are creaming me!)

We know how prolific insects are and that if they were just a few feet taller, went to school and had limbs which could more easily hold a gun, would probably rule the world!

So, it got me to thinking that what didnt get into the plotline of the X-Files, though I think it should, is in the the first stage of an alien invasion the best and brightest of us (i.e. those who love and play space strategy games) would get so demoralised by trying to play the humanoid species that we would realise when the real invasion came that, in the immortal phrase, 'resistance is useless!'

I dunno. Maybe I aint doing it right and shouldnt give up my day job? What do y'all think?

Live long and prosper.

I guess you should play on easy. I've never had a problem of the A.I. beating me, especially by such a large margin. What difficulty are you playing at anyways?

Comment

I suspect he's on moderate

Comment

i suspect he got the patch

cheers

Comment

No, I dont have the patch and I am playing 'easy'. I readily admit I am not one of the more aggressive players. But while I was expanding as fast as I could and then handling attacks from two separate races in two quarters the Einarii (or something like that!) were quietly building an impregnable empire! Maybe there is a moral in that?

Comment

yup... there is a moral:

in the end moo3 is a wargame

cheers

Comment

Hey a always played at impossible level and never had problens with the AI, oh, they are sooo dumb, do the following thing, build ships with light and heavy missiles ( more light than heavy ) and put they guarding your frontier systens, when somone comes, they will shot, the enemy will don't know how missile is the big bad guy, there is a great chance of a fatal hit, remenber guard your frontier and build system ships, the destiny of the mankind in your universe is in your hands, if i discover a portal to take my manking from my universe to your and assure you to send 4 short armadas of my best ships and a monetary aid, 100.000 AU is ok?

Comment

I've seen a lizard rampage a few times in easy games, too. In general I 'm not in senate and a Grendarl empire is at the opposite side of the galaxy so I cannot interfere with them. Somewhere at turn 150 when I get into the senate) they have more planets than all other races together and are fighting a few other civs.

Comment

The only evidence I've seen of a conspiracy was the efforts of multiple parties to get us to actually BUY the game. Whether aliens were involved is still unknown.
                  "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                  "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                  2004 Presidential Candidate
                  2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Working...
                  X