Random Thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Thought

Just booted the game up for the first time in a long time, to try the new patch. I'd forgotten how neat that opening movie was. That is all...

-Yook

It is pretty cool. If they had spent as much time working out kinks as they did making the intro, maybe they wouldn't be giving MOO3 away for free on Amazon. Of course, I haven't tried the patch yet so maybe I should shut my mouth until I do...

Comment

Re: Random Thought

Originally posted by Yook
      Just booted the game up for the first time in a long time, to try the new patch. I'd forgotten how neat that opening movie was. That is all...
      -Yook
      So what you are saying is all of freezes and jerkiness in the intro are gone? I'd stopped watching it because it was so screwed up.
      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
      2004 Presidential Candidate
      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

I have the distinct feeling, that they also reworked parts of the Intro in the patch
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST
          I have the distinct feeling, that they also reworked parts of the Intro in the patch
          huh?

are you sure?

tha patch was just 5 mb

cheers

Comment

Nope, I´m not sure.

I had only the distinct feeling after seeing the Intro again post patch.
            It seemed like those ships in the beginning of the Intro looked better than before
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Seldon
              It is pretty cool. If they had spent as much time working out kinks as they did making the intro, maybe they wouldn't be giving MOO3 away for free on Amazon. Of course, I haven't tried the patch yet so maybe I should shut my mouth until I do...
              If they had spent as much time working out kinks as they did making the intro, the game would've taken two hours to install, not worked on half of the operating systems out there, reformatted one in three hard drives, and given everyone else a DX error.

Let alone what would've happened if the people who worked on the intro (the artists) were the same ones who worked out the kinks.
              If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have done all the stuff that led me to what I know now...

Former member, MOO3 Road Kill...er, Crew

Comment

Oh, no, it's still jerky.

It just looked cool.

Half-played a game with the patch. Got bored. Stopped playing. Will attempt to really play it a couple more times. But, well, it's still MoO3.

-Yook

Comment

Mine runs pretty smooth. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

Comment

I think the problem lies in the bink format/player itself. I know that MoO3 is not the only game that uses bink and has had jerkiness and slowdown in the movies. I think another example of this is Neverwinter nights, but I am not sure because I didn't have problems with the movies for either game

Comment

A little off the current topic but still a random thought, did this patch address the save "feature" that only saved from the beginning of the turn and not from the time saved?

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Seldon

A little off the current topic but still a random thought, did this patch address the save "feature" that only saved from the beginning of the turn and not from the time saved?
                        No, this is still the same. I've read in other threads that this was done deliberatley. Something to do with MP games. You'd think that they would have at least changed it for those of us who only play single-player.

Comment

At least now you can see your last SitRep after loading a saved game.

Comment

True. Still would have been nice to let me save in the middle of my turn.

Comment

Of course.
                              At the moment it does nothing more than the Autosave,
                              with the exception that you are able to choose a name for the Savefiles.
                              Lets hope they´ll alter it with the next patch.

Comment

Working...
                              X