getting feudal to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting feudal to work

i usually pick feudal/telepathic, and somewhere along the way tech-farm somebody, usually the psilons.

i've also tried creative, but uncreative seems to work the best.

i was wondering if anybody else had an interesting strat with feudal?

Tele/TransD/RHW/LHW/P +2/Fuedal/Rep

go on a blitz, no research.

Comment

Yes, I still have to match or beat that map of yours with the Tele/Trans/Fuedal. I still have it, just have to take time to try again. Work and GF get in the way too much.

Comment

You can do it.

Comment

Re: getting feudal to work

Originally posted by da_hal
          i usually pick feudal/telepathic, and somewhere along the way tech-farm somebody, usually the psilons.

i've also tried creative, but uncreative seems to work the best.

i was wondering if anybody else had an interesting strat with feudal?
          I use Creative with no problem with fedual and telephatic abilities.
          By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

Since the advantage of Fedual is you can build ships cheaply, this pretty much put you on a war footing, directly opposite to democratic.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

With the 8 picks cost for creative, it is hard to tack on tele and have anything left increase production or research.
              A tele does not need creative, it can just capture its way to domination.

Comment

One failure Feudal and confed have is that when you scrap captured enemy ships they don't give a great deal of cash(only 2/3 or 1/3 the cost).

You benefit greatly from a good start with feudal(I got 5 planets, 1 ultra rich,2 rich,2 abundant, 2 desert,1 radiated,1 barren in my home system for my current game)

Late game, Confed can do better research then galactic unification due to morale.

Comment

Yup, Telepathic doesn't need to be Creative, you might as well put points in production and attack bonuses. Transdimensional and/or Stealth would be nice, too.
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

i usually take all the ground combat minuses when i take telepathic, so i don't have that problem with scrapping enemy ships. to me, the biggest problem with fed is production. i can get almost everything fairly easily through trade and conquest, but the computer players hardly research factories.

fed + lith helps a bit early on, but can't really keep up after say turn 75 or so.

Comment

The Tele/TransD/RHW/LHW/P +2/Fuedal/Rep race is intended to not do any research at all. It will go on an all out blitz. Make only ships and outposts.
                      I would not want to use Feudal in any other way as it is a huge handicap to production/research.

Comment

Working...
                      X