Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MIT Hacker make the first computer game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIT Hacker make the first computer game.

I read in the Steven Levy good book Hacker that the world first computer hacker at MIT in the late 1950' s and early 1960's make the first computer game for the PDP-1 computer.
    By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

they had hackers back in the 1960's? What did they do, switch out vaccuum tubes and mispunch cards?

Comment

They help make computer better by learning to program then better. When the Army have their computer research lad there they where consider authority unauthority user as they knew how to program better than anybody elso there.
      Read the book it than interestion insight into how moderm computer came about.

I am very upset when the dumb media misuse the word hacker to mean computer criminal instead of useing the word cracker.
      By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

well, I just checked, and amazingly hacker is a legitimate term to be used instead of programmer.

hack·er1 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (hkr)
        n. Informal
        One who is proficient at using or programming a computer; a computer buff.
        One who uses programming skills to gain illegal access to a computer network or file.
        One who enthusiastically pursues a game or sport: a weekend tennis hacker.
        However I still feel that programmer is a much more correct way to describe what your "hackers" were doing.

So what was the first computer game?

BTW, what does this have to do with Moo3 anyways?

Comment

Actually the book describes hackers correctly. What you are thinking of and the second definition given by your source is correctly called a 'cracker'. There are plenty of websites that would probably go into the history behind it, and talk about where the term originated from.

Comment

The game was call I belive Space War base loosely on the lLenman SCFI books. The company that make the PCP-1 hand it out as than free programing and demo to show the engering and graphic capitcal of the machine. It have no relateship to MOO3 except it was the first ever computer game ever programing for a computer.

Comment

Working...
            X