Empire names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Empire names

Hey game developers put some interesting empire names in the patch, i an tired of fight against OUANTOIU or OGNAKJKA, i wanna ot fight against Nommo Confederation or Ithkul Hegemony, be more creative please

Re: Empire names

Originally posted by Brazuca
    Hey game developers put some interesting empire names in the patch, i an tired of fight against OUANTOIU or OGNAKJKA, i wanna ot fight against Nommo Confederation or Ithkul Hegemony, be more creative please
    I don't think creativity is the problem here. The best thing to do is to mod the file to make boring names like the Ithkul Hegemony. Take a bunch of government names (Republic, Commonwealth, Imperium, Collective, Union, etc.) then add race names. This allows differentiation between the Meklar Commonwealth and the Meklar Republic. This also eliminates the need to keep the OGNAKJKA and the OUANTOIU. Especially if you are allied to one and the enemy of the other.
    - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
    - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
    - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Yes, the names can be very annoying and stupid I usually jus remember the first few letters of these wacky unpronounceble names.

-Mellian

Comment

What file i have to change and what do i do to keep double empires away from me, i like to figth one of each race and no 2 nommo , 2 meklar, none evon for example

Comment

Originally posted by Mellian
          Yes, the names can be very annoying and stupid I usually jus remember the first few letters of these wacky unpronounceble names.

-Mellian
          Yes, I also found those stupid names to be extremely annoying. It only makes things much more difficult. One game I lost track of the damn things and declared war on a powerful ally. It is very unelegant and counter-intuitive.
          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
          2004 Presidential Candidate
          2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

now, can someone tell us where this file is located so we can customize the names ourselves?

-Mellian

Comment

now, can someone tell us where this file is located so we can customize the names ourselves?

-Mellian
              You will be able to change them with the Code Patch.

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

NOT the other empires names, just your planets and systems.

-Mellian

Comment

NOT the other empires names, just your planets and systems.

-Mellian
                  I realized that after I posted!

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

It would be great if names where always written in the empires color...

to keep them apart

cheers

Comment

Working...
                    X