stormpuppie review?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stormpuppie review?

I remember hearing Stormhound saying that he wouldn't talk about the game during development but would comment on it after it came out.

So did we ever get the review?

Hound:

1. What do you think of the game overall?
    2. What bad decisions were made after you left?
    3. What good ones?

I never did a review, partly because so many people seemed to make a game of seeing how hard they could come down on the game, but largely because I realized that there really wasn't much I could say that someone else hadn't.

1. I can still play it and have fun, but overall I'm disappointed. It isn't what it should've been.

2. Too many to even attempt a comprehensive list, though high on any list would have to be "By and large ignoring the beta testers so that they could shove something out the door."

3. They finally stopped stabbing it with their steely knives.

And that's where I'm going to leave it. I'm yesterday's news, and my opinion is essentially irrelevant.
    If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have done all the stuff that led me to what I know now...

Former member, MOO3 Road Kill...er, Crew

Comment

Yeah, but do you remember my troll where I talked about you getting chided by Alan for disclosing stuff to us.

I am the archivist (http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame41.html)

You promised!!!

(Yin still owes me a review as well...)

Comment

How about the idea that the game was overcomplicated and the "second team" did a service by making some decisions to clear away the complexity?

Comment

Or the idea that the design was overambitious and hard to code and the second team deserves credit for getting something done?

Comment

Working...
          X