A naive wish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A naive wish

I'd rather have a partial patch or two than wait two months for a complete Code Patch...

Well, I suppose you could count the Data Patch as a partial, but we'll get the Code Patch when they want, not when we want.
    If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have done all the stuff that led me to what I know now...

Former member, MOO3 Road Kill...er, Crew

Comment

Like this: We pay, They demand?

Comment

Something like that. But we can't make them code or QA any faster...and all things considered, we really don't want to.
        If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have done all the stuff that led me to what I know now...

Former member, MOO3 Road Kill...er, Crew

Comment

I think they feel that an inadequate code patch will attract negative reactions. For those who don't distinguish between data and code this will be the second attemt to fix the things keeping them from playing. Many won't wait for a third.
          To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
          H.Poincaré

Comment

Let them take as long as they want to fix it. Grumbold's right; I'll wait for this patch but if they f@@K it up this time you'll see my copy on ebay.

Comment

Here's one

That they actually fix the DX bug!
              (So far, no reference has been made in the patch progress thread, despite it being the number one complaint.)
              Kahn

Comment

Might the latest set of drivers released since MoO3 help anyway? Its been so long since I got the DX problem I forget what the cause was.
                To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                H.Poincaré

Comment

Still a problem in the code...

I won’t bore you with all the gory details (If your interested, and Stencho has not deleted them in a fit of rage, you may read my quite lengthy number of posts detailing the problems, code dumps, and my many attempts to fix them on the IG forums) but suffice to say that many of us are still plagued with the DX problem despite having followed all the suggestions given in the forums, and then some. I have personally gone to the lengths of even testing out (187 to date) different combinations settings within the game, in DirectX, and in my video card’s drivers, all to little noticeable effect.

At the point just before my departure from IG, I was in the midst of constructing a matrix of all the system variables of the affected systems. As far as I got, most seem to be older systems (PII’s or PIII’s below 450 MHz) with video cards (both ATI and nVidia chipsets) containing 32 Megs or less of RAM. Only problem was there were a statistically significant number of computers that also exhibited the incurable form of the DX error that exceeded these specs. As a result, I have not been able to find any common factor linking all the affected systems.

P.S.: Drivers? One of the first things I checked! All are current.
                  Kahn

Comment

My PIII 500, 256 MB, Win2K system hits me every time the OS pops up a window, any window.

I disabled EVERY thing in the System Tray so wouldn't you know it the latest was the mouse battery warning.
                    A dictatorship wouldn't be so bad. As long as I'm the dictator. G. W. Bush

Comment

Sometimes I think its "A naive wish" to believe our opinions matter or that we'll see what we want.
                      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                      2004 Presidential Candidate
                      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278
                        Sometimes I think its "A naive wish" to believe our opinions matter or that we'll see what we want.
                        Politics and philosophy belongs in the OT forum
                        H.Poincaré

Comment

Originally posted by Stormhound
                          Something like that. But we can't make them code or QA any faster...and all things considered, we really don't want to.
                          Actually given our experience with them we should demand patch right now. They would screw it right, but next patch would be better and more quckly done. Well we tried to wait and believed in more or less bug free software. We received more or less feature free software. Ie we should try the other way. Force from them unfinished patch, or force from them original code and repair it in public domain.

Comment

I like that idea of putting it in the public domain (even if it does introduce more chaos into the system).
                            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                            2004 Presidential Candidate
                            2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

i don't see much changes with the data patch i continue to smash AI at impossible level, the ithkul could be more smart

Comment

Working...
                              X