'Stovepipe' icon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChristopherC
    Well, Vince278, I still think it looks more like a stovepipe than an exclamation mark. But I like your point that if the AI was doing its job properly, we shouldnt see it.
    Right. The AI seems to love adjusting other sliders. You would think it would do it in a useful way as well...

I don't think anyone has mentioned here yet what a stove-pipe is normally used for. I can't think of it off the top of my head. That might help but the issue to rest.
    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
    2004 Presidential Candidate
    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

bad manual = active community

cheers

Comment

statusperfect -
        You've just replied to every thread I'm active in. You must be as bored as I am.
        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278
          statusperfect -
          You've just replied to every thread I'm active in. You must be as bored as I am.
          yup

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by statusperfect
            yup

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278

I've only seen the PBQ go blank when it runs out of things to build.

Everyone else: It is an exclamation point, not a stove pipe. To illustrate:
              | - This is a stove pipe.
              ! - This is an exclamation point.
              It is used as a warning that your spending levels are un-necessarily too high. Using a stove pipe for that purpose would make no sense don't you think? Perhaps a different font would make it clearer but until they provide that we'll just have to use our heads and a little logic here.
              Actually it is a graphic. I have seen it changed to other things in some UI mods.
              ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·
              "Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
              Call to Power 2 Source Code Project 2005.06.28 Apolyton Edition

Comment

Originally posted by Flinx
                Actually it is a graphic. I have seen it changed to other things in some UI mods.
                A graphic? Haven't considered that (unless its a graphic representation of an exclamation point ). I suppose in mods it can be changed to anything (how about a peace sign ).

I'm beginning to be amazed that we are still discussing punctuation after all this time.

Comment

Working...
                X