Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modification biginner and his questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modification biginner and his questions?

Hi,

I wanted to ask if there is a possibility to rise the amount of money you get back from scraping a ship (because i will get as much money so i can replace the old ships with upgradet, like i could upgrade the old ships)?

Second, how do i enlarge the Spaceships on the Battle-Screen, or how can i set the zoom factor higher so i can get near views....

I am thankful for any answere !
    Last edited by Nsae Comp; May 10, 2003, 19:54.
    Keep Smile and keep cleare in your head. | Everyone is its fate - and its environment - blacksmth.
    A.o.t.s.S. connections: (a Master of Orion,Civ,... Alliance,or also called "Clan")
    Internet: http://www.gildenweb.de/cgi-bin/gliste/gilde.pl?page=Gildenweb&gilde=Conquest%20of%20Para dies
    E-Mail: NsaeC@gmx.net

Extract Spreadsheets.mob using a zip utility from

:\-\Master of Orion 3\GameDataSets\Classic_01\GameData\Common\Spreadsh eets.mob

into the same folder ("Common"), when it is extracted it becomes the Spreadsheets folder, in here you will find

"shipVisualInfo.txt"

open it with notepad or excel (or another spreadsheet) you can alter the name of the files listed here to call up a higher resolution image

[which is stored in the objects.mob file in
    :\-\Master of Orion 3\GameDataSets\Classic_01\GameAssets\Common]

instead of

"hum_all25.vsx"

type

"hum_all50.vsx"

& change the 25 to 50, the game will take the extracted version instead of the mob file so you can leave the mob file as a backup. If it goes wrong with your editing then erase the extracted files and revert to the .mob archive.

This mod will not alter zoom but will improve the image, but it will take more CPU resources to do so, so big battles may slow down.

To find out more ask at

which is the mods section of the official forum, also look through past posts

ask about the upgrade there too, you may have allies who can help I do not know where to find the variable that controls the scrap value, but I bet it is there somewhere !
    Last edited by boolybooly; May 13, 2003, 17:46.

Comment

Working...
    X