Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troop transport capacity

Hello Fellow Star Travellers

Does anyone know how to view a transport ship's transport capacity (# of ground troops)?
    IIRC, it is 2, with the troop pod tech available at the beginning of the game, but I cannot remember where I read it.

Thx in advance. PW

I've been playing GalCiv and shelved MoO3 lately, but IIRC it's 4.
    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

I usually don't even build troop transports until I can put an entire 18 unit Army on one (its usually a DN hull ship).
      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
      2004 Presidential Candidate
      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

I build them with ten troop pods as a standard - since it's cheaper to build one big ship than ten little ones, and I don't invade until fairly late.
        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

...so the standard troop pod can fit 4 units?

I am saying "standard" because I have not discovered any tech yet that has improved my troop pods.

Comment

There is no technology that improves Troop Pods AFAIK.

I do it almost the same way as MtG.

Using (at least later in the game) larger ships and fitting enough Troop Pods into them, so that a whole Army can get on board.
            (and of course outfitting the ship with Armor and Weapons, so that it is no sitting duck durign the Invasion )
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I use ships with 3 pods so that my smaller planets can build them while the bigger ones concentrate on warships. 3 of those can carry an army.
              To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
              H.Poincaré

Comment

That's the way to go man

Comment

Working...
                X