Never seen this before

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never seen this before

In all the years and thousands of moo2 games I've played, I have never seen an invading Space Dragon ask for money to spare a system. Cool, a feature I've never seen before. I didn't think there were any surprises left for me there.
    So, was I lucky all that time, or is that a pretty rare event? Or both?

I can not say as I normally play with event off.

Comment

As far as I can recall, the Space Dragon has ALWAYS asked me for money to spare a system.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

How can he build his hoard without gold? At least when you gave him money, he left your system alone for a little while.

Comment

Guess I will have to try with events once again, haven't used them for the last few years. I know there are some very rare ones that I never experienced, and its sounds like a good change.

Comment

uhm, I think I remember being able to choose, after you pay of course, where the dragon should go.... like an enemy system....

Comment

Never had this one before, even when I had random events turned on, it never occured, but that might have been before I upgraded from 1.2...... SO they might have changed it............

Comment

This isn't related to the space dragon, but I do wonder if anyone's seen this before. The Orion system is almost always near the center of the galaxy. Once, though, I found it almost at the edge of the screen. Never had seen it before, haven't seen it since.

Anyone else ever see this?

Comment

Not that I recall. I should mention that in Moo1 Orion can be any place.

Comment

Everytime a traveling space dragon has come my way, they ask for money to attack a different system- and 500 is not that much, so I usually pay, why not?

That said, I find eels more of a pain when they blockade a system and start spawining. Thought the Space Amoeba swallowing your planet and turning it toxic is horrible- in one pre-warp game this happened to my homeworld early on, and sunk the whole game.
                    If you don't like reality, change it! me
                    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Yeah, I've had the spawning eel ruin a game.

Comment

I know that the Antarans are supposed to attack at random, but I had a recent game where it sure didn't seem random. I played about 200 turns, and I was attacked by the Antarans 20-30 times. Every time I turned around, one of my colonies was being pounded by them. Totally ravaged my empire.

Comment

I don't think I ever saw them attack 30 times in a game. It is more like 6-10 times.

Comment

That's why it's in the "never seen this before" thread. It may not have reached 30 times, but it was more frequent than I've ever seen. 6-10, I'd expect. 12-15, which I'm not sure I've ever seen, I'd grumble. This, I lost.
                            Last edited by Aabraxan; December 11, 2004, 14:05.

Comment

Were you dusting their attackers each time? If not, that may be what allowed them to return sooner. Losing all their attackers, means they need time to rebuild.

So you would have to be large enough to be the one attacked, but weakly defended to let them have some survivors.

Comment

Working...
                              X