Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is it the right time to switch governments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is it the right time to switch governments?

Fellow Galciv'ers,

I've been struggling with this questions for a while now and haven't really figured it out. So now I ask for your inputs based on your experiences.

When is it the right time to switch from Imperial to Republic form of government. As a veteran Civ3 player I could easily tell when the right time was to switch from despotism to monarchy or from despostism to republic. In Civ3 it all depended on how you had your infrastructure set up and what kind of game you wanted to play. In GalCiv, however at least for me, it seems not so apparent when to make the switch.

Any thoughts on this?
    signature not visible until patch comes out.

I usually try to switch when moral is good because you'll take a bit of a hit when you change. On easier difficulties you can switch almost immediately because moral is easier to keep up. I'll also switch sometimes even if moral is low if I need the production boost that you get when you switch. Oh, and for moral I usually try to have a general approval of 58% or higher.

Comment

I think immediately.

Government gives 1.2 / 1.4 / 1.6 modifier to taxes on top of economics bonus. So, if you have 50% econ, then republic(?) gives you 1,5*1,2=1,8 bonus. But taxes still (almost) capped at PQ*4.

Data from v1.02.049
      Knowledge is Power

Comment

Doesn't it give a production bonus, too, or am I mistaken?

Comment

AFAIK no.
          btw Za H comment
          Knowledge is Power

Comment

I'm still a little confused but that would explain why I see no change in production really after a government change.

Comment

Ok I'm still confused as well.

It sounds like one must consider several variables when changing governments. Moral, tax percent, govt. spending percent, and the military/social/research sliders. I'll have to experiment further with govt. changes.
              signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Working...
              X