Using your enelies alliances against them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using your enelies alliances against them

I had three civs ally and attack me. I let them throw themselves against the walss of my keep for awhile, then made peace with two of them. Since they, er, miscalculated, I was able to pull all their techs, loads of cash, and some influence from each of the two. Within the next three turns they had both declared war on me again due to their ally that I didn't make peace with. I continued doing this round robin style until I had taken most everything each civ had then took their planets from them, the only thing they wouldn't give for peace.

Enelies, by the way, are more serious than enemies because their lack of grammatical skills makes them poor diplomats and hard to understand.

Comment

But the fact that enelies are so dangerous is somewhat negated by your being behind walss, which we all know are significantly tougher than walls

Asmodean
      Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Too true. I usually head straight for the walss tech when I start a new game.

Comment

It's refreshing to find people who can make fun of themselves.

It seems like a good strategy. How big of a map were you playing on?
          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

I was playing on a small map. I clock a little later in the game so I'm unsure if I can play bigger maps. I'll probably give it a try later this week; I've got to find a way to move up the Apolyton empire list faster.

Comment

Working...
            X