"Highly creative"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Highly creative"

So what exactly does this trait do for someone? I haven't been able to find a good explaination... same thing with "brave".
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

I was about to ask the same question.
    It says something about finding unusual discoveries, but I didn't notice anything.
    From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Comment

The creative trait allegedly increases your chance of getting access to extra/different techs. The brave ability increases your citizen's abilities when they are outnumbered (which I think means they'll do better in ground combat when attacked.) They both seem a bit vague given the descriptions so far, but could prove useful in certain circumstances.

Comment

Some techs are flagged. Meaning that you only get the chance to resarch these techs, if you have chosen creative in the game setup. I haven't played enough games to positively identify all of these techs.

Asmodean
        Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

I think Brad said it was a random thing that allowed you to get bonus techs every now and again without fully researching them, like a random event.

I think this happenned once or twice in my last game, though it may have been due to an anomaly bonus.

This data may not be correct since it *might* have been a '2nd hand' re-quote and not direct from Brad on the Galciv forum. Search for the thread there if you want to be sure.
          The foppish elf, fighting ithkul in a top hat and smoking jacket since 1885

Comment

how do i get these special habilities?

Comment

You can edit your starting abilities on the main startup screen when you start a new game. There are a long list of options that you can choose from that give various bonuses within the game.

On a related note, there was a comment about the luck ability posted recently that was interesting:

Luck is actually very cool. It's modeled after the book a Spell for
              Chameleon where just "good things" happen to you when you need them. The
              background AI of the game basically just occasioanlly hands you things.

Boy, the Drengin are really starting to come after me. What? A random space
              storm just destroyed their ships in my sector? What? The Drengin fleet just
              ran into space monstrs going only after them? I just found a crystal that
              makes my people happier? Etc.

It's all in random events but it's not that random. Over the coming months
              I'd like to see this developed further.

Brad

Comment

Working...
              X