Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question of difficulty levels

Hello everyone,

The last two games I've played I have tried the maximize military spending (high tax and spending ratings) and pumped out colony ships every 2 turns from Earth and quite fast also from colonized worlds. I've played on a large galaxy with tight clusters and common habitable worlds. This grants me a quick game and gets a cultural victory within the hour.

However, when I set up the game I set my opponents at a certain difficulty (sub-normal, normal etc.) but when I've won the levels says beginner and I get a very low score. Is this due to some built-in countermeasure for this early colonization tactic and if so, must I delay my colonize frenzy in order for the opponents to get suffiently strong to get to the difficulty levels I've set up, or is it a bug?
    får jag köpa din syster? tre kameler för din syster!

It has nothing to do with how you play, and it's not a bug.

Try setting the difficulty to bright or intelligent

Comment

Originally posted by Madine
      It has nothing to do with how you play, and it's not a bug.

Try setting the difficulty to bright or intelligent
      But why hasn't the AI the same difficulty level I give it at start when the game is over (when using this strategy)?

Comment

The levels for the AI is not the same as the level for the game (as you can set them individually) - when setting the levels for the AI's, it is shown in one corner what the level for the game as a whole becomes.

So, with all AI's at the easiest (fool? or am I misremembering?) level, the difficulty for the game is "cakewalk". With all AI's at sub-normal, the difficulty for the game is (as you noticed) "beginner". And so on...

/unic

Comment

Originally posted by unic
          The levels for the AI is not the same as the level for the game (as you can set them individually) - when setting the levels for the AI's, it is shown in one corner what the level for the game as a whole becomes.

So, with all AI's at the easiest (fool? or am I misremembering?) level, the difficulty for the game is "cakewalk". With all AI's at sub-normal, the difficulty for the game is (as you noticed) "beginner". And so on...

/unic
          Yes, I know that!

But when I won my sub-normal opponents were listed as beginner. This has happened when I've won quickly. Harder AI seems to play as good as I set them too though.

Comment

Working...
          X