Stupid Questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Questions...

First I should point out I don't have the game yet, so forgive my ignorance:

1) What is this standalone stardock is offering now?
    2) The minor races- can they join your empire or do they function just like major races (I don't mean surrender)
    3) Is there a limit to the number of improvements on a starbase?
    4) I'd like some opinions as I ponder my first game - What political party do you use?

1. ?? You mean the Standalone patch? or SDC? SDC is a method of updating Gal-Civ, you can download patches earlier if you have it. The stand alone patch is a combination of the all the smaller Patches from SDC.

2. They are like major Civs, except (Most cannot expand outside like one sector.

3. Once you made all the updates you can, thats it, but you can build all 60+ updates on one starbase if you really want. Including making it into a planet destroying terror star

4. Populist or Federal. Morale or Economic bonus are most useful to me
    WWW.MrFixitonline.com

Comment

3. Note that there are some United Planets vote which can limit that (severely).

4. Federalists are quite good IMO. Morale is good too, but if you suddenly lose power, you'll be in much deeper sh*t. I like technologists best (+1 sensor in the beginning helps you find out interesting spots in the opening, and tech is just cool).
      Clash of Civilization team member
      (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
      web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

2. Minor races also don't count for victory conditions - so you can win military conquest victory with minor races left on the map. At least this is true for 'standart' minor races. I'm not sure about I-League.
        Knowledge is Power

Comment

I don't think the I League is different. I just smash them as soon as I can, anyway.
          web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Originally posted by LDiCesare
            3. Note that there are some United Planets vote which can limit that (severely).

4. Federalists are quite good IMO. Morale is good too, but if you suddenly lose power, you'll be in much deeper sh*t. I like technologists best (+1 sensor in the beginning helps you find out interesting spots in the opening, and tech is just cool).
            I agree with the Federalists. I disagree with the Technologists, even though it sounds good, because the +1 sensor bonus can be had for a single point in the abilities setup. In fact, that's my favorite one-point pick so far. The research bonus is nice if your economy is always up to 100% funding, but I find that difficult to manage, ESPECIALLYwhen trying for a tech victory. Remember, none of the government/ability picks provide free production/research like the upgrades do, so you wind up having to pay more to keep it all funded.

Comment

LDiCesare,
              By morale, do you mean populists?

Eric S,
              I hadn't realized that. Does that apply to the economy abilities as well?

Comment

The research bonus is nice because I am almost always at 100% funding or so high that it doesn't matter much how much money I get. I tend to put picks into economic bonus abilities though.

Comment

Working...
                X