Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2/5ths of the galaxy surrendered?!?!

Hello fellow GalCiv'ers,

Has anyone seen this before in any of their games? Last night I loaded a saved game from the previous night.

Medium galaxy
    Scattered
    Occasional
    All 5 races all of them subnormal

After loading the saved game I had 5 planets in 5 different systems. I was the leader in tech but had a weak military and mediocre economy. Within 4 turns of loading my saved game 2 of the races sent a message to me saying they could not continue anymore and surrendered their planets to me. They were the "other human race" (sorry can't remember the name) and the Troians. 2 turns later I got a screen that said I have won the game as the most influential race. Is this a bug or did I do something right for a change?

Has anyone here experience complete victory or defeat shortly after loading a saved game?
    signature not visible until patch comes out.

Civs surrender to another when threatened by elimination from ANOTHER enemy, usually Drengins !
    Were you at war or allied/in good terms with the Altarians and Torians ? What was your alignment ? If you were Good and they were being bashed by Drengs or Yors it's kind'a normal they gave their planets to you, giving you the win

Comment

I did not know that, thanks for the tip

I was not at war with anyone and I was indeed on "warm" relations with the Altarians and the Torians. My alignment was good. I'm not sure if they were at war with anyone although the Drengin's and Yor were both strong militarily.
      signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

I've seen it go the other way when I was a strong attacker. They gave themselves up to one of the other teams just to spite me.
        Seemingly Benign
        Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

This AI behavior is very clever, they "sacrifice" while helping the enemies of their enemies that was about to kill them ! ...
          That's a GalCiv special !

Comment

Working...
          X