Diplomacy Improvement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diplomacy Improvement

I can't seem to pin down how to better my relations with different races. Sometimes I can give them massive amounts of ships and tech to no avail but other times I give what to me seems like an inconsequencial tech and their relations with me move from Neutral to Friendly. I also have trouble getting a race to trust me enough to move from Friendly to Close so I can form an alliance. This is even with no war, frequent gifts, and my civilization being powerful enough not to be a sychophant. Has anyone noticed any pattern for any of the races or preferences they may have? I've noticed two:

1. One evil choice on an issue and you can kiss good relations with the Altarians goodbye. I've given those high-minded jerks dozens of techs, loads of cash, and ships galore when they need them and can never improve my relations higher than Wary and usually it stays at Hostile.

2. The Yor seem to be susceptable to the power of technology. I can give them a couple of techs and that will raise my relations with them under most circumstances.

I also noticed the first one. Even why i saved the Altarian from the Drengin their relations went down to hostile again. I guess the only way to please permanently is by being Good.
    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

It is best to stay neutral, so that you don't offend anyone and can be friends with everyone. Good diplomacy skills may enhance the effect. You have to give them what they want in order to have effect. If they are being whacked by the enemy, giving them ships would have the greater effect now. Good and Evil may research different tech trees. If you give them the tech they want to research, effect would be much higher.

Comment

I had a game where the Drengins were smashing everyone but me. The Altarians were in the best position to fight so I loaded them up with ships and dropped a bunch of weapon techs on them too. My relations with them didn't budge, although they happily took my supplies. Thankfully, I was able to obtain the terror star tech and teach them why it's important to send a thank you card.

Comment

Working...
        X