Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ship design & Tactical Combat.. Any chance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ship design & Tactical Combat.. Any chance?

I don't know if Brad still visits these forums, or whether this has been asked already (probably has)...

But is there any chance that we will get these two in an update one day? Those are the only things I really miss in GalCiv as opposed to MoO2.

Well those and more individuality to planets (I want rich, poor, artifacts, lush, barren etc planets... Not simply 'good - not so good - bad' ones)...
    Will we see that?

Lata
    Krait

No chance at all. Would require too many chances, to the game mechanics and the AI.
    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Brad is everywhere, but no chance of Tac Combat !
      I wonder if we'll have "Improved" stack/fleet combat however ...

Comment

Ah yes, improved stack combat is still on my wish list, i really loved the way CtP2 handled this.
        <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
        Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

If you want tactical combat and ship design down to insane minutia, get MOO3. Thankfully this game spared us having to redesign a ship every 3 turns.

Problem with stack combat is that it won't effectively use your various ships. I mean, even it always attacks with your strongest ships first, why would you want to do that? Specifically, if there is a chance that I can nix a nearly dead enemy with a lighter undamaged ship I might take that chance over attacking with a damaged but more powerful ship. Its almost like you are asking 2 diametrically opposed questions:

a) How do I control combat in a finer granularity (Tactical and Ship Design)

b) How do I just send fleets of ships into combat?

Comment

Regrettably MoO3 has no tactical combat (what they call tactical combat is more like a system combat show) and the ship design is extremely clumsy and tedious. MoO3 is the worst crap I ever spent my money on. Its responsible for me getting GalCiv though so at least one good thing came from it...

For ship design and tactical combat I would want something like MoO2... I can live without it (I do like Civilization too after all), it just would have been nice...

And doesn't anyone else miss variety in planets? (And no the events you get when colonizing some planets don't really qualify for variety imo...)

Just wondering...
            I like GalCiv a lot but it could have been even better...

Lata
            Krait

Comment

Working...
            X