No announcement yet.

how stardock figths warez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look: The newest SecuROM has been using the same protection mechanism and crackers, although some major ones have faltered, have been able to dominate the protection. Note that SecuROM and the custom protections put in place by game developers are far more advanced than the amateurish effort in GC.

Reading through this thread made me ponder whether some people posting in this thread have suffered from brain injury recently. Why do you applaud Stardock for frequently releasing patches for bugs that shoudn't have existed in this simplistic game? Isn't it a given that developers are suppose to patch up their buggy mess that they shovel out?

A year of updates?
    A year of frequent bug patches! Hooray! I am so happy that they managed to include so many bugs in such a simple game as this one so that it would take a full year for them to work the bugs out!

Stardock should have spent more time working on the actual game instead of giggling over how the warez people are going to be sitting like dumbbells dumbfounded by their idiotic protection system.

Comment

Originally posted by Triphosphatase
      Look: The newest SecuROM has been using the same protection mechanism and crackers, although some major ones have faltered, have been able to dominate the protection. Note that SecuROM and the custom protections put in place by game developers are far more advanced than the amateurish effort in GC.

Reading through this thread made me ponder whether some people posting in this thread have suffered from brain injury recently. Why do you applaud Stardock for frequently releasing patches for bugs that shoudn't have existed in this simplistic game? Isn't it a given that developers are suppose to patch up their buggy mess that they shovel out?

A year of updates?
      A year of frequent bug patches! Hooray! I am so happy that they managed to include so many bugs in such a simple game as this one so that it would take a full year for them to work the bugs out!

Stardock should have spent more time working on the actual game instead of giggling over how the warez people are going to be sitting like dumbbells dumbfounded by their idiotic protection system.
      The trolls go marching one by one, hoorah, hoorah...

Look, if you can't understand the difference between bug fixes that are required to make the game playable (of which there have been few, since there were few bugs) and game additions based on requests by players to simply improve the game, then you won't grasp the concept of what Stardock is doing. Which is fine, there are plenty of people who can't grasp many simple concepts. But please stop posting this drivel, cause the rest of us who actually have a clue and are enjoying the game have to keep reading it while trying to discuss the game. If I wanted to read posts by people bitter about a game who might actually have a worthwhile point, I'd be looking at the MOO3 boards.

Frankly, this whole notion that the only reason that Stardock is releasing more patches is to stop pirating, comes from people taking a small bit of what Brad wrote out of context in order to try to make a really stupid point. Stardock has said from the get-go that they will release patches for at least a year after the game has come out, to add new features and of course fix any bugs that do show up. They have a nifty program that will make updating those patches relatively painless; if you don't care to use the program, you can wait a bit longer and get patches from their website like you have in a normal patching process. That's it: there's nothing mystical or nefarious going on, it's just a nicer way to get changes out a bit faster to people who actually bought the game.

If you don't like it (and have actually bought the game, which I doubt) you can blithely ignore the updater program and download the patches from the website every month or so as they're released in stand alone patches. If you aren't buying the game and just want to whine, please go mumble in your own hole. Some of us actually have, you know, games to discuss that we play.

Comment

I see that you are still an amateur at flaming. Here's some advices:
        Don't say the word 'troll'.
        Include insults throughout your entire post, not just the beginning.

Other people enjoy complaining about a game, you know, that they haved downloaded.

And then, there are people that install the game, play for a few hours, uninstall, and then complain about the game even though they won't ever play the game under any circumstances.

But then, I am neither.

Comment

Originally posted by Triphosphatase
          I see that you are still an amateur at flaming. Here's some advices:
          Don't say the word 'troll'.
          Include insults throughout your entire post, not just the beginning.
          Awesome... Now, how is this used in GalCiv? Is there a flaming mode?
          "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

There are a few things here that people haven't really applied enough attention to. First is, that there is nothing which is released into the public which is secure. All you can ever do is make it difficult for them, and discourage the lamers from trying. But that's all you can do. This world is full of people who are willing to do anything to get what they want, even if it's just the last penny in your pocket.
            As for money, well, the game has to sell itself, and keep the honest people willing to pay out to play it. Unless you do like Bill Gates, and release a useless pile of code that forces people to have to pay out more money every few years just to be able to run their computer.
            This game was pretty good, and yes, I SPENT THE MONEY TO BUY IT. Not because I make lots of money (I make more than most, and have more bills than most as well). And I manage to buy about 30 PS2 games for my kids each year, and give them the ones I buy for work to test and generate profiles on. And given that my oldest played galciv for about 3 weeks, I am impressed. Most games he wins and gets bored with in less than a week. (ADHD and I think that says it all)
            I have also tested the security to every game we buy/test, and this one wasn't bad. Takes about a day of teasing with it to bypass it. Most are much easier. But understand that this is for us to determine a rating on the software, and after we discard all code and records to prevent it's misuse.

Comment

Working...
            X