This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nirvana_CN
    Hm on that difficulty? I played on masochistic and thought that with all AI population i can gain a good score + January 2194 on Gigantic map. If this worth only 350 metaverse points then i'll better play WarCraft 3 or SMAX.
    Knowledge is Power

Comment

• No idea Elle, i dont play Gal-Civ for the points, i have my RTS games for the competative side in me

Might be worth more..i really dont know who the weird scoring works.

It would be a shame to quit such a good game as Gal-Civ because you dont like the score it gives you..like the old saying goes, its not the destination or goal that is important, but how you got there if you had fun..who cares bout score.

Nirv.
      WWW.MrFixitonline.com

Comment

• I have fun then i have a good score . I too like RTS but IMHO there are only 2 options if you want competition - StarCraft:BroodWar and WarCraft 3. And i need something better then modem to play in these games. I tried, but it's almost impossible to play on modem. (If you want, we can discuss that in offtopic. Just throw a link)

Argh i need a score of 7420/(1-Sqrt(2))=17913 to not to lose a score because i can't send this score.
        Knowledge is Power

Comment

• Well I joined the empire and submitted a score but for some reason it doesn't show me as a member. When I click on "My Empire" I go to the Apolyton page but my name doesn't show there. Also, when I click on my username to get the user info the popup doesn't show me as being a member of any empire. Anyone else have this problem?

Comment

• Just submitted my first game & joined the empire. This game was my first one on the 'huge' map setting. It was also 'challenging' difficulty. Didn't crack the top 250, tho. Oh, well, I hope it's helping...

Comment

• O.K. Figured out what my Metaverse submission problem was. I've now got a score up from a save I was keeping around just in case.

It bumped us back to first place!
              I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

• nah nah nah nah nah

I'm #3 in the Apolyton empire!

Comment

• Originally posted by yin26
                  O.K. Figured out what my Metaverse submission problem was. I've now got a score up from a save I was keeping around just in case.

It bumped us back to first place!
                  Just you wait, Imperia will reign supreme once again! Eventually anyway

Comment

• guys, what about rgibson - not empire related so far - who has just submitted a single game of 38499 - almost the double of Norin's 29 games!!! Just imagine if/when the guy decides to join an empire or create his own......
                    The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Comment

• That's an incredible score
                      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• Yeah tell me about it, I'd have to get about 3 40k scores to get a higher metaverse score then that.

Comment

• I think huge scores are possible if you are willing to play on Gigantic maps, etc. I'm running a scoring experiment on a Huge map, but I think it's going to be too boring to do more than once...
                          I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

• Isn't it easy to cheat on this, with a trainer or something?

Comment

• Only once, then you get banned.
                              Friedrich Psitalon
                              Admin, Civ4Players Ladder
                              Consultant, Firaxis Games

Comment

• yeah, and now it seems the high scorer in question is banned......

on the other hand, like many other fans I just can't submit my recently finished game ( and my best so far ) - despite many tries, the Metaverse doesn't score it - the only thing I can think of ( and the only mod I have ) is the smuggling tech made ( and approved? ) by Brad "Frogboy". If by using only that additional file the game is considered cheat or corrupt, then we need some support from him . I've sent an e-mail with saved game, but for now I'm sorry I can't be of any help for the Apolyton Empire.....
                                The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Comment

Working...
                                X