This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats all the excitement about?

Read some of the background info and the various reviews.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

I was reading poly headings and I just found this.......Whats all the excitement about? Hows it diff from Civ3 or Moo2?

What rock where you living under!!
    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Basically, the game sacrifices glamour for being fun, challenging and solid. It has some eye candy, and a bit of humor, but is a lot more simple to play/hard to play well - like all good strat games should be.

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Don't be lazy, Tass.

Build a civilization that will stand the test of time in the largest space-based strategy game ever!

Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Right out of the box. No need to spend twenty hours "learning to enjoy it."

M
          "You are, what you do, when it counts."

President of the nation of Riis in W3's SimCountry.

Comment

Who is this joker?

Rock #NIBLEY3962, UTAH.
            Some kinda rock climbing space-guru?

Evil USA vs. Good Iraq? Let's take it outside, pal.

Comment

You had a emoticon.

What did you expect to receive with the "Protesting American stupidity," and the "PROTEST THE EVIL AMERICAN POLICIES CONCERNING WAR WITH IRAQ?"

I see it was in red, white, and blue. So it may be you meant "Protest the Evil. Support American policies concerning war with Iraq."

If it's punctuation, okay. If you're talking about current events, take a hike. If you're learning about GalCiv, join the club, and welcome.

Comment

Umm, red white and blue are the colours of the Russian Federation Flag, and I'm sure Tass means what he says. If you want to comment on people sigs/avatars/location fields, there is a thread about this in the Apolyton/Communtity forum.

Now, back to GalCiv.

-Jam
                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by Malleus
                  Right out of the box. No need to spend twenty hours "learning to enjoy it."

M
                  Cool!!

Unlike some other disaster of a game that recently came out!
                  signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Actually any real world polictics should be done in the OT, so gamers can continue to avoid reality while they game at least. We get enough of reality and no matter what the issue, someone will disagree.
                    I have had to skip a lot of threads that degenerate into cat fights over politics.

Comment

Where, pray tell, will you find a newly-released game these days for $30? I think you need to get with the times, Tass!
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

You mean when the game gets to that place in the middle of nowhere, it's price has dropped decause it has been out for so long?
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Just a warning Tassadar, you will get on a lot of peoples 'Ignore' lists like that. That way you can guarantee that your message won't be heard.
                          Seemingly Benign
                          Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Bonus pack

Ehm. I'm sorry to interfere, but, uh, well, I'm not proper owner of GalCiv, don't have money you know? And it is not that awesome game to pay for it even if I'd be able to do so. However, I'd like to see Bonus Pack in action, but I don't have original serial number. Would be there someone willing to help me, ie to provide me the pack? Upload it or send it to my mail? (In that case it need to be divided into smaller parts.)
                            Thanks for your time,
                            Alexandr

Comment

Hmm, well, this board is not very friendly to folks who don't own a "proper" copy of the game. Just thought you should know.

M
                              "You are, what you do, when it counts."

President of the nation of Riis in W3's SimCountry.

Comment

Working...
                              X