No announcement yet.

Galciv Purchase Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
Last edited by MarkG; April 16, 2003, 00:28.
Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Hmmm.... I was in the Beta, and had purchased Drengin. When I ended up having problems and was unable to download, I let it drop (large K amounts with a modum that downloads around 700 bytes per second.....). I wonder if the good folks at Stardock will supply me with a disk. Guess I have to ask, as I kinda am doing here. Oh well, thanks for reading my rambling.
    If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Yep, you'll soon be able to have a CD sent to you.

Comment

new finds

• GalCiv (CD) from Gamestop.com, $39.99 (free shipping for US / 15.99+ for International)

• GalCiv (CD) from GoGamer.com, $39.90 (plus $5.99(for US, Canada also availiable))
      • Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site

Comment

Mark I bought in at Westminster Mall EB store for 39.99, none of the local GameStops had it on hand.

Comment

Just for once, Strategicplus.co.uk have not had it shipping to their UK customers within days of it being available in the US. I'm sure it can't be too long now though
          To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
          H.Poincaré

Comment

I tried buying it directly from Stardock (download now - they send me the CD for an extra $10) but their crappy credit card check won't recognise my card.

I think the problem is with 'Verisign', their card checking company. It doen't seem to be geared towards people outside the US. There are just not the right number of boses to fill in in the billing address, so it gets barred when they check the address with that of the card.

I have tried just about every possibly variation in my billing address (using the address on my cc bills as a base) but no joy.

No Galciv for me

Comment

For those in Oceania, Games Warehouse www.gameswarehouse.com now has it catalogued and available for pre-order.
              No sale price yet though and the release date is still a month away.

Comment

I pre-ordered mine from CompUSA on the 15th. Still says "Processing".

Hope this is due to unexpected high demand and not just distributor incompetence.
                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

So what is the best place to get GalCiv for us, Europeans..?
                  Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

I ordered mine from Amazon on the 30th (night) ($39.99 - 5.00 coupon + free shipping = $34.99).

My status says that it will ship the 7th - 8th and I can expect to receive it 11th-14th, but the new status of the product says Usually ships within 2 - 3 days, so I hope it ships in the next couple of days.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFurryMonster
                      So what is the best place to get GalCiv for us, Europeans..?
                      i'd say stardock (download+cd)

they've got the lowest shipping you can find for europe. you're missing the printed manual, but then again i've hardly touched it, so....

Comment

Originally posted by Whohangs
                        I ordered mine from Amazon on the 30th (night) ($39.99 - 5.00 coupon + free shipping = $34.99).
                        eer hmmmmm they dont have a 5$ coupon

Comment

If you live in Australia. as I do. It is not possible to buy it.
                          It will not be available locally for months.
                          Postage from the USA almost doubles the cost, making it to expensive for me.
                          I tried downloading it from Stardock. I managed 137MB after three days and then it refused to resume.
                          I cancelled my order then. ( They do not have any CD s)
                          Anyway, when they do get some, upgrading will be a nightmare, if getting the main game is any indication.

You are supposed to be able to download the basic game, but I could not figure out how to do this.
                          Their web site is complicated and non intuitive.
                          Maybe it is just me being dumb.

I am going to wait and see if it ever appears in Australia and see how others get on with upgrades.
                          " There are no scientific facts, only historical ones and they are all biased."

Comment

Biggles,

Originally posted by ravagon
                            For those in Oceania, Games Warehouse www.gameswarehouse.com now has it catalogued and available for pre-order.
                            No sale price yet though and the release date is still a month away.
                            Release date is listed as April 28th. Postage amounts to $5.00 Aus (slightly higher for shipping to NZ) and they send it fastpost if you've pre-ordered. Even with the postage most of what they offer is still slightly cheaper than retail.

Comment

• Working...
                              X