No announcement yet.

5th Gameplay example: Mirror Universe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5th Gameplay example: Mirror Universe.

Just found the news item on www.galciv.com
    Reading it now.

Sunday, March 23, 2003 - Gameplay example: MIRROR UNIVERSE!

Imagine if you could set the aliens to be the opposite of normal. If the Evil Drengin could be set to being super nice while the kind and gentle Torians turned into blood thirsty skin eating demons?

Well you can. And so we have the 5th game play example. An extended documented exmaple of what a game of GalCiv is like called: Mirror universe.

This game is played with the BonusPak installed too along with the first shots of the Metaverse in action.
    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

44% Planet quality bonus for a bit of human sacrifice? I see the evil choices being more my bag, long term consequences be damned.

How many months/years is it between each UP decision, btw? I'm just trying to get a feel for how often they can pop up.

It also seems like your own government can stab you in the back often, which makes me wonder if during those times of losing control of the senate you can just switch back to the despotic Imperial government. Would that even be a sound strategy if you could?

And I really love how the late game still manages to be as interesting as the early game. That is a real test of all strategy games. I continue to feel really good about this, and can't wait to get my grubby little hands on it.
    A lie told often enough becomes the truth.
    -V. I. Lenin

Comment

That makes me wonder, sometimes those bonusses are just too good to resist, even when playing as good. Is there a penalty for being inconsistent in your decision?
      One time you chose the good option, the other time the evil option. The net effect would be Neutral, but are there any other penalties? I can imagine not everyone liking erratic people
      <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
      Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

The nicer the bonus for being evil, the more evil it is. It would be very hard to go back to being good.

I would certainly have lost the game had I not gone the path of good.

Comment

Is it just me, or is evey "good" option in the three way choice part of the game a disadvantage? Can you ever get any positive benefits from choosing good?
          Proud member of The Human Hive, working for a better future on Chiron, today!

Comment

Haon, if it was advantageous to take a good path, then the good and bad civilizations would be taking it since bad ones are simply taking the advantageous path.

Thus, situations where everyone would have taken same path (some for advantageous consequences, some others for moral reasons) just don't have to be shown.
            Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

Originally posted by Haon
              Is it just me, or is evey "good" option in the three way choice part of the game a disadvantage? Can you ever get any positive benefits from choosing good?
              Yes, as a "good" civ you'll get benefits in other areas, like the Tech Tree with technologies available only to you. Plus being good gives you more influence in the United Planets.

Comment

Originally posted by KingSponge

Yes, as a "good" civ you'll get benefits in other areas, like the Tech Tree with technologies available only to you. Plus being good gives you more influence in the United Planets.
                The first part is a wash, I think, since there are techs that are only available to evil as well (actually, to various degrees of evil, some of the techs are only available once you're 45 (out of 50) points away from the median. Just looked over the Tech Encyclopedia, and I'd say that the good and evil techs are fairly balanced, with the good techs focused on diplomacy/trade/influence, and the evil techs focused on combat/trade/production.

I didn't know about the second point, however (aside from one good-only tech that increases your influence). Where did you hear that from?

Comment

I didn't know about the second point, however (aside from one good-only tech that increases your influence). Where did you hear that from?
                  I'm not sure but I think it was in one of Brad's gameplay examples...might have been on the forum though...

Comment

Working...
                  X