International release?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International release?

I still don't know if or when GalCiv will be available in stores in France. I know someone asked for Australian release recently, someone else for European / Italian release earlier.
    So I too ask, because I see no clue that the game will be released in Europe, where will it be released?
    I know the web site says:
    Overseas availiability is sketchier since it'll be distributed via many different sources. I don't have those answers since that's not in Stardock's area (we just make the game).
    But, Brad, can you at least point us towards the person/firm we should ask the question to? IG? Anyone specifically?

I know we can get it online though Amazon and others, but I prefer to buy things in stores than though the web...
    Clash of Civilization team member
    (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
    web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

If you opt to download it from the website, I imagine it wouldn't matter what country you lived in, so long as you had the internet connection. But if you don't have broadband, I guess that would be really difficult
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Yea, I really have no idea. Retail distribution is a weird thing.

You have Stardock - we make the game. Then you have Strategy First, they are the publisher. Then you have the distributor. In Europe, each country has their own distributor. So I have no idea.

If you want the game on the 26th, you can purchase it form GalCiv.com and be able to download it right away and have the CDs sent to you.

Comment

Will they send the CDs internationally, though?
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

When I bought The Corporate Machine some times ago (years I think), they shipped the CD to me in the UK.

Can we assume the same this time round?
          Frag Saddam 2003

Comment

All users will have the option to have a CD sent to them as well ($5 to $10 in shipping)

I think that would include international shippinh/
            <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
            Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

I *@#$ing hope so Lem. Otherwise there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth in Germany.

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I see you have moved.

DUCK !!!!!
                Frag Saddam 2003

Comment

I'm just using the Iraq flag for the duration of the war. Its pretty butt ugly though. Then the B.A.T. flag will fly again. (However long I stay in Germany I'm not using their flag)

-Jam
                  1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                  That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                  Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

Well I would hope that your loyalties are of the Red, White & Blue variety !!!!

(And I don't mean French !!!!!)
                    Frag Saddam 2003

Comment

I think only Sun readers are actually in favor of this war in Britain. The news today has been full of sit-down strikes, mass demonstrations and fights with the police in Whitehall. Seems the majority of red, white and blue supporters have the red of national embarassment, the white of peace and the blue from the bruises left by the "caring" policemen. If only Blair had told Bush where to stuff his war.... oh well, he'll be out at the next election now for sure after shooting himself in the foot like this.

[/rant]

-Jam

Comment

Let's agree to disgree on that one.

Next stop Baghdad.
                        Frag Saddam 2003

Comment

Sure. It will all be over by Monday & I think the GalCiv forum is not really the place either.

-Jam

Comment

My hunch is they will not be shipping the game to Baghdad.
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

And THAT, more than any other reason, is why war is evil.

-Jam

Comment

Working...
                              X