The triumph of EVIL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The triumph of EVIL!

To get a better idea of what a game of Galactic Civilizations is like, I played a 4+ day game of it and documented out what happened.

In it, I played an evil race in a galaxy split between good and evil.

Wow! That's something I am really excited about. Well, not the triumph of evil, but rather the ebb and flow of the various civs. I think it's awesome a civ can be on top, get cocky and have a big fall. I hate it when once a civ starts winning, it stays that way.

Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Yea, I must say that the galactic resources really do avoid the critical mass issue in that respect.

One fully upgraded starbsae on say an economic resource can increase your total economy by nearly 50%. So losing one of those can be a huge hit.

Admittedly there was some serious suck involved. Stealing the Overlord technology was really a miracle. It's not like the Yor had left those star bases defenseless, they were well beyond my ability to destroy without the Overlord tech. And that was crucial along with the Arceans surrendering to me.

Comment

That's not implausible, though. Some would argue that, in the past, numerous military victories were shaped on incredible luck moreso than other factors.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

/me attempts to click the buttons in the screenshots..

but wow

Long game actually, or just a more detailed description then the other examples.

And Yay Evil!
          <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
          Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

That game took 4+ days to complete.

Comment

Draginol, can you turn Good and try the next challenge ?
              PowerFlower Federation !

Pacifists, abilities in Social, Pop Growth and Trade, Political Victory, random enemies ethics/level

Always make "Good" decisions and ... NEVER ATTACK ANYONE - better yet, don't build a single warship !

Could be fun at least (even if not really winnable...)

Comment

Are there any events/ways that an AI civ will change its alignment? Does it have no choice once the player selects it during set up?
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Events canc hange them but they are exceedingly rare.

Comment

It seems that there is quite a bit of humor that gets interjected into the game dialog from time to time.

Some are pretty funny, i like it.

I laughed out loud when I read the screenshot of the Yor saying to the player that his civilization is about to die, but if it makes him feel any better, "humans can be converted into a pastelike substance that makes an excellent lubricant".

heh
                    While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Draginol: some questions:
                      the people in the underwater cities, will they ever join your empire or just hide out under the sea. If you want to be good, choosing the neutral option in this instance would that be a good choice, the bonus is almost as strong as for evil

Voting, the good guys vote for different options, what would have happened if they would have had stronger voting power overall but hadn't voted for the same things? i.e. do you have a revote until a majority is established

the espionage event, how often does that crop up?

cool game
                      The true way of sword fencing is the craft of defeating the enemy in a fight, and nothing other than this.
                      -Miyamoto Shinmen Musashi

Comment

A couple of questions:

1) When the events occur, and you have a moral choice to make, are they always listed in Good-Neutral-Evil order? I ask because one of the choices I've seen may be considered vague in the eyes of a few people.

2) Do you have to obey the decisions made by the United Planets? For example, I noticed in the game that a vote was made to limit the trade routes of evil empires. Suppose it passed and evil was limited to 1 trade route. Nevertheless, the evil guys decide to have more than one trade route between the 3 of them. Is this possible? I don't know if this example is applicable, having never played the game, but I think you get my jist.

Comment

Originally posted by Chronus
                          2) Do you have to obey the decisions made by the United Planets? For example, I noticed in the game that a vote was made to limit the trade routes of evil empires. Suppose it passed and evil was limited to 1 trade route. Nevertheless, the evil guys decide to have more than one trade route between the 3 of them. Is this possible? I don't know if this example is applicable, having never played the game, but I think you get my jist.
                          From looking at screenshots that came out earlier, it seems there is an option to leave the UP if they start passing motions that you find offensive. Hopefully a BT can confirm that though.
                          A lie told often enough becomes the truth.
                          -V. I. Lenin

Comment

Okay, I finally had a chance to read the user manual. I'm still not sure, though, if you can simply leave the UP or what. I'll keep my eyes open.

Another UP question regarding the issues that you can vote on. Do they appear randomly? This sample game had the good guys proposing to limit the evil guy's trade routes. How do proposals work???

Comment

Working...
                            X