Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Encyclopedia History entry raises an AI player question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Encyclopedia History entry raises an AI player question.

In the Encyclopedia on the website under history, it mentions that the other races that humanity had contact with had already scouted out habitable stars prior to loosing contact. Does this mean that the AI starts with more knowledge of the map than the human player does?

Not that I mind, as long as it's limited knowledge and the computer deals with the same fog of war that the human player does once the game actually starts.

Unfortunately the weekend after GalCiv comes out is going to be rather busy for me, but I still can't wait to get it in my hands

The AI knows where the yellow stars are. It doesn't, however, know where the best planets are. It only knows if the star is yellow.

Comment

That's what I expected. Does the human player have this same information? I would expect so, but I'm just trying to figure out if that line in the history is referring to anything that's actually in the game.

Comment

The player does not have this ability right at the start but pretty early in the game there is a research item that bestows it.

Elrikk

Comment

Working...
        X