Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does fleet combat work?

Like the title says..
    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

It's pretty simple I think. Strategic combat and all that.

Comment

ehm...that doesn't tell me anything..

I liked the way armies worked in CtP2..but from what heard about the units, this isn't possible in GalCiv, so maybe it's like Civ3's armies? Where 1 units fights against another unit one at a time...but then i read somewhere that combat isn't always lethal.
      <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.

Comment

No, a GalCiv fleet combat is more like Civ3's stack combat (as opposed to it's Army combat).
        Seemingly Benign
        Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

If you have a fleet in GalCiv and you use it to attack, each ship will attack until either the target is dead or all the ships in the fleet are dead. Each unit attacks individually and if it dies, the next unit starts attacking. Non-combat units in a fleet don't attack if they are the only ones remaining.

Attacking an enemy fleet attacks the strongest defender I think regardless of the current hps of the defender.

Comment

Originally posted by mindlar
            If you have a fleet in GalCiv and you use it to attack, each ship will attack until either the target is dead or all the ships in the fleet are dead. Each unit attacks individually and if it dies, the next unit starts attacking. Non-combat units in a fleet don't attack if they are the only ones remaining.

Attacking an enemy fleet attacks the strongest defender I think regardless of the current hps of the defender.
            Well that sucks
            I hope they'll consider adding fleet combat in a future patch bonuspack

Comment

Originally posted by Lemmy

Well that sucks
              I hope they'll consider adding fleet combat in a future patch bonuspack
              Don't count on it. Tactical combat isn't one of their goals.
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I don't mean tactical combat, but armies like in CtP2, where units can attack together.

Comment

Working...
                X