Separation between reality and public image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Separation between reality and public image

Is there a separation between reality and public image, public relations having alot to do with it? Exactly like colonialists could have a great image, except in their colonies. They had alot of influence, saying they were "expanding the light of Occidental civilization" and such. Is there a differenciation between reality and image?

Other than XIXth' colonialists, it's stil perfectly true.
    Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

In GalCiv there is a difference between how alien citizens feel about you and how their governments feel about you.

While you can still have good relations with, for instance, the Drengin Empire, the "Drengin street" may hate you. The citizens make it that much harder to have good relationships though so it's good to keep an eye on how the people feel about you.

Comment

Originally posted by Draginol
      In GalCiv there is a difference between how alien citizens feel about you and how their governments feel about you.

While you can still have good relations with, for instance, the Drengin Empire, the "Drengin street" may hate you. The citizens make it that much harder to have good relationships though so it's good to keep an eye on how the people feel about you.
      I'm liking this game the more I hear from it. This is a very cool feature who's time has come. Spain's government is fully behind the US in their policy, while the common guy almost overwhelmingly opposes their actions. Finally a game models this too.
      A lie told often enough becomes the truth.
      -V. I. Lenin

Comment

That's basically what it's modeled after.

That a government may have good relations with you but their people may not like you. And it is something the computer players have to deal with.

Where it comes up especially is in negotiating and in trying to make peace. If you go to war with someone who's people hate you already, it's going to be very hard to make peace.

Comment

Working...
        X