16:9 Aspect Ratio Versus 4:3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16:9 Aspect Ratio Versus 4:3

I'm going to purchase a home theater projector that puts out a 16:9 aspect ratio @ 1280x720 (~8 feet wide) rather than a 4:3 aspect ratio at a standard resolution.

Would GalCiv be able to handle this aspect ratio and resolutions OK as is, or would the image be in a 4:3 box in the center of the screen @ 800x600 or some other resolution?

Thanks.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

If you send me your 16x9 monitor I'll let you know...

Comment

What's your address?

Have you tried playing it on an HDTV? That would be similar, except with a different resolution and a "somewhat" smaller screen...

Any ideas would be appreciated. Not putting your feet to the fire or anything. For instance, does GalCiv force the resolution to 800x600 like some games do?
      Last edited by DanS; February 14, 2003, 22:13.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I think this is a Windows issue, as GalCiv relies on DirectX for services.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

OK, here's the scoop. It forces 1024x768 @ 75 Hz. Black bars on the side, with an aspect ratio of 4:3.

On starting the game, the resolutions change a lot, which makes the projector have to resynch a couple of times.

All in all, it would be better on a 4:3 native projector, but this isn't so bad. A really good game.

Comment

Working...
          X